Guess who is taking care of homeless veterans

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
By that logic, a single photo op of a soldier handing food to an Iraqi child means the Iraq war wasn't really a problem. Well, that's awfully nice of you to approve of Dubya like that.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
By that logic, a single photo op of a soldier handing food to an Iraqi child means the Iraq war wasn't really a problem. Well, that's awfully nice of you to approve of Dubya like that.

I didn't know we had homeless US Vets seeking refugee status in Iraq being fed there.

Makes about as much sense as that attempt at pretzel logic.

What else is new.

Last edited:

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

No kidding. While noble of them, I honestly wouldn't be suprised if this isn't just some pr stunt somebody with an agenda paid them to do (not that the homeless care).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No kidding. While noble of them, I honestly wouldn't be suprised if this isn't just some pr stunt somebody with an agenda paid them to do (not that the homeless care).

Anything to justify irrational fear, huh?

It's the only reason I can think of to besmirch the good deeds of other people.

Why can't it be just what it appears to be- young refugees reaching out to pay back America for taking them in? Taking on responsibility for the welfare of their adopted country? Making an honest commitment?

The parent organization is interesting-

http://irusa.org/mission-vision-and-values/

Substitute "Catholic" or "Mormon" or whatever for "Islamic" & it's very much the same values as other worldwide relief organizations.

Don't be so eager to knee-jerk from "Islamic" to "suspicious".

We didn't treat refugees from Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos the same way. Why should we treat Syrians worse?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
We should discriminate, against people that want to conduct terrorist acts.

Religions that want to kill.

etc.

-John

Last edited:

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Do you realize that Saudi Arabia conducts 200 beheadings per year?

How many hands (an eye for an eye) do they cut off.

Fucking freaks.

-John

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
The FBI Director has to personally sign off on each Syrian refugee due to upcoming legislation. I'd be more trusting of a Syrian refugee than the average american after the scrutiny they go through to get here.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
lol, that's funny.

Trust Government to keep us safe.

Just like Paris, two weeks ago.

The fact is Government is clueless, and all they do is fuck with freedom for normal people.

-John

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
lol, that's funny.

Trust Government to keep us safe.

Just like Paris, two weeks ago.

The fact is Government is clueless, and all they do is fuck with freedom for normal people.

-John

So we shouldn't vet them?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
You aren't vetting them. So stop bull-shitting.

You should stop bull-shitting.

-John

Nov 8, 2012

Dude, you GOTTA make sure to mention that they aren't just HOMELESS.... but ALSO HOMELESS VETERANS! You know, because 99.99% of the people that come through homeless shelters are all veterans, and homeless right? Make sure you emphasize that in the title of the article!

This doesn't sound setup at all.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hey!
I was going to start a thread, but... "what if" the war between the east and west i.e. Christian faith vs Islamic faith resulted in Christianity losing out and Islam winning out?
People assume our Christian values and our way of life will forever rule the free world, but what if that were not the case?
As Islamic values and the Muslim religion becomes more prevalent in the west, more acceptable, and trends show Christianity losing its influence with Americans more now than ever before, could Islamic values the Muslim religion give western Christianity a realistic run for its money?

Maybe, our first elected Muslim president? Our first Muslim controlled US congress? Laws specifically designed protecting the Muslim faith? The death of Christianity as we know it?

If so, what then?
American women draped in the hijab?
American men having complete dominance over women and over their wives, backed up by strict American laws?
Gays not only disallowed and barred from marriage, by also jailed and executed for the act of homosexuality?
Christian teachings, artifacts, and all Christian history destroyed and wiped clean because it insults Islamic beliefs?

We assume western values and Christianity will forever rule in America and rule the free world, but are there really any guarantees for that?
The free world freaks over terrorist attacks in Manhattan or Paris.
What if New York, Chicago, Dallas, and or Los Angeles were taken out by atomic attacks from terrorist? How crippled would our way of life become?

Add into the mix some unforeseen and unholy alliance between Islamic nations and the Soviets, where the Soviet leader(s) feel they would greatly benefit and the western nations greatly suffer.
Could our way of life even survive?

Could a day come when an American husband could legally stone his wife to death for refusing to wear her hijab out in public?
Or that gay son be tossed off a rooftop to his death for homosexual acts?

Considering the extent of one terrorist attack over in Paris has upset our security over here, put everyone on guard, ruffled nerves, freaked out our media, could we really survive a more devastating direct attack?
Especially from a people that have but only one goal in mind?
The complete and total annihilation of Christianity and our western culture.

Maybe we wouldn't want to see the world 200 years from now???
A world where Christianity is all but dead, and Islam rules every nation both east and west.
"What - if" ???

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
I helped a person in my neighborhood get a jump start, yesterday. I feel good about it. He feels good about it.

No Bull-Shit.

-John

Nov 8, 2012
I helped a person in my neighborhood get a jump start, yesterday. I feel good about it. He feels good about it.

No Bull-Shit.

-John

Today after his thanksgiving meal he was sure to hit the crack-pipe again. Hope you feel proud and accomplished.

Did you make sure to give $5 to the bum that begs at your high-way intersection today? You better do your good deed :D

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Hey!
I was going to start a thread, but... "what if" the war between the east and west i.e. Christian faith vs Islamic faith resulted in Christianity losing out and Islam winning out?
People assume our Christian values and our way of life will forever rule the free world, but what if that were not the case?
As Islamic values and the Muslim religion becomes more prevalent in the west, more acceptable, and trends show Christianity losing its influence with Americans more now than ever before, could Islamic values the Muslim religion give western Christianity a realistic run for its money?

Maybe, our first elected Muslim president? Our first Muslim controlled US congress? Laws specifically designed protecting the Muslim faith? The death of Christianity as we know it?

If so, what then?
American men having complete dominance over women and over their wives, backed up by strict American laws?
Gays not only disallowed and barred from marriage, by also jailed and executed for the act of homosexuality?
Christian teachings, artifacts, and all Christian history destroyed and wiped clean because it insults Islamic beliefs?

We assume western values and Christianity will forever rule in America and rule the free world, but are there really any guarantees for that?
What if New York, Chicago, Dallas, and or Los Angeles were taken out by atomic attacks from terrorist? How crippled would our way of life become?

Add into the mix some unforeseen and unholy alliance between Islamic nations and the Soviets, where the Soviet leader(s) feel they would greatly benefit and the western nations greatly suffer.

Could a day come when an American husband could legally stone his wife to death for refusing to wear her hijab out in public?

Considering the extent of one terrorist attack over in Paris has upset our security over here, put everyone on guard, ruffled nerves, freaked out our media, could we really survive a more devastating direct attack?

A world where Christianity is all but dead, and Islam rules every nation both east and west.
"What - if" ???
What is the opposite of Government, or Religion?

Freedom.

-John

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hey!

If so, what then?

"What - if" ???

Humanist values trump both.