Guess what actually happened to my 1994 Toyota Tercel.

Oct 9, 1999
It wasnt the oil and gas mixing that caused the freeze of cylinder 2&3 .. but rather...

The shaft that connects the piston has broken.. and it knocked cylinder 3 out too.. that is why 1 & 4 were working.

Anyway I got all teh stuff off the car.

My speakers took 5 minutes to take off - thankss to a power drill/driver.. (it took me 4 hrs to put on).... All together it took me 15 minutes to clean the car out.

Today I took the headunit out (bascially took off the "dashboard" to take the whole thing out.

So far my car is Bare!...

I am donating my front 5.1/4 2 way speakers to my friend Chris who blew his stock toyota tercel front speakers. I also got the risers off the front speakers.
I am donating my rear 6x9 Dual Cone speakers to Fatima (Chris's GF) who has a Honda Civic with no rear speakers.. so we got to install that .. most likely we have to get a riser for her.
I donated my 4 * 175/70R13 Sumitomo HTR200 High Performance Summer Radials to Chris. We just moved the tyres+rims from my car to his. I couldnt unmount and remount them cause the guy who did that at the dealership wasnt around today. Oh well they are all teh same. The tyres are new (less than 8K miles on it). I did this today, I went to his work picked up his car and then gave it back to him with a new set of tyres. He needed a new set quite soon (he was balding on some tyres).

All I am keepng for myself is the Aiwa CDCMP3 headunit that I bought for that car.

I threw in 2 spare tyres into the car (my old car)- one is teh standard donut, the other is a full size spare (that has a bent rim but a good tyre).

Toyota is going to take ownership of the car for zero (0) dollars (they are going to fix it up) and a percentage of the car will come back to me after its sold. They are waiving all the checkup fees they did for the car to see what's wrong (about 100 bucks).

TGG

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Most people would use the term " his car threw a rod."

But you get the same effect

Oh yeah, never admit to blowing any rods ;)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
your car threw 2 (of only 4) rods...

This is the car that "was still getting compression, even though I never did a compression test" right?

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred

This is the car that "was still getting compression, even though I never did a compression test" right?

I never got to do a compression test on it....

I was planning to but didnt get around to it. Even so I doubt if the test would have shown an immient problem.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Sluggo
Most people would use the term " his car threw a rod."

But you get the same effect

Oh yeah, never admit to blowing any rods ;)

Whoooooops.... thats what sleep deprivation will do to ya :eek: I meant "threw".

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
Originally posted by: notfred

I never got to do a compression test on it....

I was planning to but didnt get around to it. Even so I doubt if the test would have shown an immient problem.

Throwing a rod != intermittent problem

:Q

Sorry, had to throw that in ;) :D

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I guess you/dealer can be happy it didn't put a hole in the block. That's just wierd that a stock tercel motor threw a rod.