Guess the game quote.

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
I just saw this in another thread in another sub-forum on ATF.
HmavHKf.png

Which made me think. This might be a fun game. Someone posts a quote from a videogame. Other people can guess what game it is. The first one to post the proper title of that game gets to post a new quote from another game. And so on.
When posting a new quote, please use \[size=7\] and \[/size\] tags to make it obvious what your quote is.

I'll begin.

"I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart ?"

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
  1. "Quiet. Here comes the guard"
  2. "I'm getting my sh1t pushed in here"
  3. "It's good to work again"
  4. "Stay away from the voodoo"
  5. "Solider 3585, you in or you out?"
  6. "Keep your a$$ out of Poisonville"

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
The only quote I can remember at the moment is: "Girls have more hiding places than boys".

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
LOL no one is following the rules so I'll just post another quote without even guessing...

"Shake it baby."

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
OP kind of sounds like Duke Nukem but there's too many good ones from that series...

can't really think of any that aren't more recent

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Ok, we need some clarification.

The intent of the game is for someone to post a quote and people to guess until someone guesses right. Then they post a quote and so on.

For the OP's quote, I can't remember the game, but I remember hearing it in a female's voice. Maybe Unreal Tournament?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Ok, we need some clarification.

The intent of the game is for someone to post a quote and people to guess until someone guesses right. Then they post a quote and so on.

For the OP's quote, I can't remember the game, but I remember hearing it in a female's voice. Maybe Unreal Tournament?

I believe you are correct.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
"Ah, yes, truly a room worth admiring. Have it really been worth the detour after all, just to spend a few moments here in this immaculate, beautifully constructed room... [After a few seconds] Yeeesss, really, really worth it being here in the room."

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
Indeed, "I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart ?" was a quote from UT99. The bots would yell it if they would headshot you (or another bot). Sgt Flame can post another quote, if he wishes. (That's the intention of the game).

"War never changes" is from the Fallout series of games. Worthington gave the right answer. So let's try to guess his quote too.

"Man who buy drowned cat pay for wet pussy"

To be honest, I had no idea from what game that is.
(But google gave a quick answer).

"All your base are belong to us" is from the game Zero Wing. "Too Easy". (Yes, that is also a quote from UT99 too, where the bots keep yelling at you that you are too easy to kill).

Last edited:

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
Don't post quotes *UNLESS* you have guessed someone else's quote first.

Shjeezzz. I should have known what would happen. We're on ATF here. And it's full of yanks. They're not much smarter than trained chimpanzees .....

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
EDIT: I thought of one. Also, a little clarification. Are we only posting for PC games or any game?

My quote: "I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me."

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Shjeezzz. I should have known what would happen. We're on ATF here. And it's full of yanks. They're not much smarter than trained chimpanzees .....

My guess for that quote:

"Asshole", the role-playing game?

Reactions: Achilles97

Achilles97

May 10, 2000

Why does it have to be so structured like that? Let people freely post quotes and guess quotes at their leisure. It's supposed to be fun not some group rule-following excercise like we are learning team-building in grade school.

Achilles97

May 10, 2000

Jiub from Morrowind. Will always remember that raspy voice.

Yes :) That game was great. So immersive at the time.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
EDIT: I thought of one. Also, a little clarification. Are we only posting for PC games or any game?

My quote: "I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me."

This is a tough one, really have no clue.

This will be hard for most, but it comes from such a good game series.

"Escape will make me God"

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
"Man who buy drowned cat pay for wet pussy"
If I had to make a non-google'd guess, I'd say the original Shadow Warrior, Lo Wang had a lot of racisty-humor quotes like that.

Continuing the thread of not-following-the-rules...

"I have tasted the flesh of fallen angels... I've tasted the Devil's green blood. It runs in my veins. I have seen beyond the world of skin, the architecture of blood and bone marrow... Death is coming..."

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
  1. "Quiet. Here comes the guard"
  2. "I'm getting my sh1t pushed in here"
  3. "It's good to work again"
  4. "Stay away from the voodoo"
  5. "Solider 3585, you in or you out?"
  6. "Keep your a$$ out of Poisonville"

First one is morrowind, thats a layup.

My quote:
"'Cousin it is your cousin, lets go bowling"

EDIT - As a side note, how do you guys pronounce Jiubs name? I always pronounced it like "j-wib", with a soft J like if you were saying Je in french.

Last edited: