Guccifer 2.0 tracked back to Russia's GRU, identity created to cover a state action

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yea but then you dont get to pick up on the patterns.

Reddit is pretty cool for that. Watch the flood of downvotes on certain topics there. You can almost tell the exact moment Rershia picks up on post and sends the bots to flood it.

Reactions: cytg111

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Now Felix reminds me of the comic where a guy shows another guy a sword in real life and the other guy says it's photoshopped.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Just because I dont buy the collusion delusion doesnt make me any different than you. I've been American longer than you've been alive.

Its also funny that you try to accuse people of the exact same thing you do. No wait, it isn't funny. Its delusional.

So when did you turn on your country?

Feb 4, 2009
Just because I dont buy the collusion delusion doesnt make me any different than you. I've been American longer than you've been alive.

Its also funny that you try to accuse people of the exact same thing you do. No wait, it isn't funny. Its delusional.

Oh please

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
He never did, he's Russian.

You look hungry.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
He never did, he's Russian.

Nah, he's an American evangelical, so he's been anti-American the same (however much they desperately claim the opposite). Its just that the priorities/agenda of evangelicals and Putin line up now. Putin is setting Russia on the path towards reforming the Soviet Union, but he saw how using religion and conservative ideology can be used to get there more quickly. He can leverage it to damage America while using the same type of idiots in Russia to secure his ironclad rule.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
About the same time the black guy won the election.

They were getting progressively nuttier since Reagan, propelled by divisive right wing agitprop. Having a black President blew their minds completely so they elected a GOP Congress that did their dead level best to stifle his every move. When that left 'em still screwed from the depredations of the financial elite during the GWB years they decided that the best thing to do was elect more Republicans and Trump to... shake up Washington & drain the swamp, of course.

Shee-it, Sherlock- other than a brief period in 2009 the GOP has held a blocking or leading position in either the legislative or executive branch (or both) since 1980. But it's obviously those dirty Dems who let the financial elite keep puttin' the class warfare bone to the rest of us.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Put him and Brandon bull on your ignore list and your Forum life will be much less frustrating. Their existence is to incite and divide and you will never change or engage them in anything meaningful. Ignore and don't empower them.

Thanks for the shout out. I guess cruising around and ignoring inconvenient truths probably makes things easier.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
@Fern as fern the poster, not as fern the super moderator

Has your opinion changed?
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-theories-emerge.2515855/page-6#post-39039663

I'm not quite sure what you're asking me. Here's my post you linked:

Fanatical Meat said:
fine and the info was leaked to Russia to cause chaos in the US nuff said.

Fern Said:
I'm curious, honest question - why do you say the info was leaked to Russia?

I assume we're talking about Podesta's emails etc that were released by WikiLeaks. If an inside person downloaded (whatever) and gave it to wikileaks where/how do the Russians come into the picture?

So I was asking a question, not opining.

But no my opinions haven't changed (I'm not sure what opinion you're referring, but take your pick of the below):

I remain skeptical that the staffer was murdered in an armed robbery because there are no earmarks or indication of a robbery: he was found with his wallet, wristwatch and cellphone.

Julian Assange claims he didn't receive the leaked info from Russia and then, IIRC, we had reports that all 17 US intel agencies had 'high confidence' (again IIRC, the NASA only had 'medium confidence') that the Russians did the hacking and supplied the info to Wikileaks contrary to Assange's assertion. I was, and still remain skeptical because the intel agencies never examined the servers and instead relied upon a report from a private group hired by the Hillary campaign and/or DNC. I did, and still do, find that 'fishy'. Moreover, the report claiming 17 agencies was erroneous. The NYT had to publish a correction. James Clapper also later admitted it was false: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...lligence_agencies_russia_story_was_false.html

My skepticism has only deepened. I don't trust the process (our agencies didn't examine the server) and there's too much disinformation/errors.

Recent developments in the FBI do not inspire confidence either. E.g., I saw Comey testify under oath before Congress denying (1) that he leaked, (2) that he authorized the leak and (3) knowing anything about the leak. Now I hear that McCabe is claiming Comey authorized him to leak (one of the reasons cited for his dismissal). Somebody is lying.

I do believe the Russians, among others, hack us, or try all the time. Hacking is non-stop and I think far worse than most realize. (I would refer anyone interested to a lengthy investigative piece published in Vanity Fair some time ago.) But am I confident regarding the narrow question of whether Russia hacked the DNC or otherwise provided the Podesta emails to Wikileaks for publishing? No.

---------------------------------------------

I find it interesting that the article claims there is a "new" Guccifer 2.0 (better command of English language) and this new one conveniently "forgot" to use a VPN and gave away the Moscow address. Really? I think it should at least be considered that this another Kremlin trick. They have someone sign-on claiming to be Guccifer 2.0, leave a trail back to Moscow and watch the US freakout. They gotta be laughing their asses off.

I would also point out that, according to the article, at that time no one believed Guccifer 2.0 had anything to do with it. But now they do? (And it's apparently conceded it's not even the same G2.0? So WTH?)

Skeptical? That's a friggin understatement.

Fern

Last edited:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I'm not quite sure what you're asking me. Here's my post you linked:

I remain skeptical that the staffer was murdered in an armed robbery because there are no earmarks or indication of a robbery: he was found with his wallet, wristwatch and cellphone.

Fern

The same people spreading crap about this are the ones claiming every mass shooting is a false flag, chemtrails exist, and there is a derp state illuminutty.

Every conspiracy theory surround Rich has been soundly debunked.

The police rightfully called it a botched robbery because Rich had pretty extensive defensive and offensive wounds. Meaning he put up a fight and then tried to flee. The killer panicked, shot him and ran.

Every attempt to link Rich to anything has failed, miserably. It's a case of the same empty claims one finds in any conspiracy theory where the evidence is cherry picked and facts fabricated out of thin air.

Even the family has asked for this shit to stop. Repeatedly.

It's beyond stupid.

Given who I find more credible, the combination of the FBI, US intelligence and local law enforcement and real, fact based media , or conspiratards on the internet, it's clear who is far more credible.

It astounds me how otherwise logical, rational people can be sucked into believing this crap. When you find your beliefs aligning with Mike Cernovich, Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, and a whole host of other chemtrailing, gay frog believing, anti-vax conspiratard nutters, it's time to reassess your logic and reason.

Reactions: Meghan54

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You seem to think my post was claims that the staffer gave the info to Wikileaks. Read it again; it didn't. (I mentioned the robbery theory because that was what a good portion of the thread he linked was about. Not knowing what Fanatical Meat was referring to I felt obligated to at least again confirm my opinion on the robbery theory. And, btw, a 'not-a-robbery' finding doesn't automatically translate into proof that Dems had him assassinated.)

Congrats on the textbook straw man argument

Fern

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The same people spreading crap about this are the ones claiming every mass shooting is a false flag, chemtrails exist, and there is a derp state illuminutty.

Every conspiracy theory surround Rich has been soundly debunked.

The police rightfully called it a botched robbery because Rich had pretty extensive defensive and offensive wounds. Meaning he put up a fight and then tried to flee. The killer panicked, shot him and ran.

Every attempt to link Rich to anything has failed, miserably. It's a case of the same empty claims one finds in any conspiracy theory where the evidence is cherry picked and facts fabricated out of thin air.

Even the family has asked for this shit to stop. Repeatedly.

It's beyond stupid.

Given who I find more credible, the combination of the FBI, US intelligence and local law enforcement and real, fact based media , or conspiratards on the internet, it's clear who is far more credible.

It astounds me how otherwise logical, rational people can be sucked into believing this crap. When you find your beliefs aligning with Mike Cernovich, Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, and a whole host of other chemtrailing, gay frog believing, anti-vax conspiratard nutters, it's time to reassess your logic and reason.

Trumpsters can't afford to admit that the Russians were behind the hacking or the social media trolls, bots & disinformation campaign. If they did then they'd have to re-assess their own position. The Russians aren't in it to MAGA & neither is Trump.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You seem to think my post was claims that the staffer gave the info to Wikileaks. Read it again; it didn't. (I mentioned the robbery theory because that was what a good portion of the thread he linked was about. Not knowing what Fanatical Meat was referring to I felt obligated to at least again confirm my opinion on the robbery theory. And, btw, a 'not-a-robbery' finding doesn't automatically translate into proof that Dems had him assassinated.)

Congrats on the textbook straw man argument

Fern

So your reference to Rich was merely obfuscation.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So your reference to Rich was merely obfuscation.
Wut?

As I said, the alleged Rich murder was part of that thread. In that thread I expressed my opinion on being skeptical it was a robbery. I'm still skeptical and so mentioned that because I didn't know which "opinion" Fanatical meat was referring to. How F'ing hard is that to understand?
Fern

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wut?

As I said, the alleged Rich murder was part of that thread. In that thread I expressed my opinion on being skeptical it was a robbery. I'm still skeptical and so mentioned that because I didn't know which "opinion" Fanatical meat was referring to. How F'ing hard is that to understand?
Fern

Yeh, you're skeptical of everything that establishes the fact that the Russians threw in for Trump in big way. How would it feel to realize that you're in the same fan club? You can't let that happen so you go for compartmentalization & denial just like they knew you (millions of you) would.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

no matter how much you loathe the musselmen and the jews, and wish that they murder themselves such that they can bring back your god savior to save your fat, ignorant, dark worthless soul....none of it is real.

It isn't happening. Trump is not the antichrist you desperately believe him to be to bring about your End of World hysteria and bloody violence. You aren't going to be saved, because there is nothing to save. You don't have a god. Millions need not die because you have an empty fantasy that fills the hungry dark pit that exists in your core.

Why do you continue to unquestionably believe these dumbshit things that I have plainly laid out here?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
no matter how much you loathe the musselmen and the jews, and wish that they murder themselves such that they can bring back your god savior to save your fat, ignorant, dark worthless soul....none of it is real.

It isn't happening. Trump is not the antichrist you desperately believe him to be to bring about your End of World hysteria and bloody violence. You aren't going to be saved, because there is nothing to save. You don't have a god. Millions need not die because you have an empty fantasy that fills the hungry dark pit that exists in your core.

Why do you continue to unquestionably believe these dumbshit things that I have plainly laid out here?

This is why I dont support the legalization of weed.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that when we go in and tinker elections in east Europe, buy off candidates through green cards, there is no problem. But as soon as someone else hacks us, the world is falling.
It's very simple, we go in and poke our nose around; there is bound to be blowback!!!

Feb 4, 2009
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that when we go in and tinker elections in east Europe, buy off candidates through green cards, there is no problem. But as soon as someone else hacks us, the world is falling.
It's very simple, we go in and poke our nose around; there is bound to be blowback!!!

I’ll say it again

I do the fucking, I do not get fucked.