Guccifer 2.0 tracked back to Russia's GRU, identity created to cover a state action

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The right-wing cult media narrative is now changing from "nothing burger" to "Trump is being framed by the derp state."

That's what happens when the evidence against you becomes overwhelming and incontrovertible.

Reactions: UberNeuman

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Guccifer 2.0 sounds exactly like the kind of dumb ass name that a GRU agent would come up with. These people are goons, about as cultured as your average Trump child.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For the record, while I started the previous thread in question, the VIPS report was debunked rather quickly, so yes I believe Guccifer 2.0/Russia GRU hacked the DNC and attempted additional hacks on Clinton campaign, Clinton email server and RNC.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris
Feb 4, 2009
For the record, while I started the previous thread in question, the VIPS report was debunked rather quickly, so yes I believe Guccifer 2.0/Russia GRU hacked the DNC and attempted additional hacks on Clinton campaign, Clinton email server and RNC.

Manned up, I salute you Sir

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
lol @thedemocrats and their collusion delusion

After a year of searching and all they have is a nothing burger.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

It is funny listening/seeing conservatives whine about the pace of the Mueller investigation when it took years for Ken Starr to investigate a BJ in the oval office and and what happened after that. Mueller has already accomplished more on the criminal front than Starr ever did. Any more nothing burger and your stomach is going to explode.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I really find it ironic that Bannon and other Alt Right paranoids have concocted this fantasy of the Deep State, exaggerated to the degree they never worked in a large organization or institution. They believe this story of the Deep State.

But they don't believe that a psy-war campaign could shift the outcome of an election, or they stamp their feet with the defense of a legal "lack of proof." They may not even believe that they individually could be influenced by such a campaign: "I'm smart; I'm not average; I'm independent . . ." etc. Or they somehow think it is fantastic imagination to suspect -- or even prove -- that "their" candidate -- their beloved candidate -- is a Manchurian candidate, prodded into place by the "Deep State" of the Russian GRU and Putin.

There is only one explanation for this type of incongruous thinking. It is called "insanity." Even stupid people are capable of more consistent logic in their grasp of the real world.

Reactions: compcons

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I really find it ironic that Bannon and other Alt Right paranoids have concocted this fantasy of the Deep State, exaggerated to the degree they never worked in a large organization or institution. They believe this story of the Deep State.

But they don't believe that a psy-war campaign could shift the outcome of an election, or they stamp their feet with the defense of a legal "lack of proof." They may not even believe that they individually could be influenced by such a campaign: "I'm smart; I'm not average; I'm independent . . ." etc. Or they somehow think it is fantastic imagination to suspect -- or even prove -- that "their" candidate -- their beloved candidate -- is a Manchurian candidate, prodded into place by the "Deep State" of the Russian GRU and Putin.

There is only one explanation for this type of incongruous thinking. It is called "insanity." Even stupid people are capable of more consistent logic in their grasp of the real world.

The be fair, hooking up with Putin and GRU IS the only way to beat the rigged system. It is sorta rigged on both sides now. On both sides. Its only fair.

Feb 4, 2009
Doubling down on stupid I see.

Meanwhile Trump has hired a lawyer to argue he was framed.

This went from "nothing burger" to "I was framed" while you weren't looking.

Felix is a Russian or a guy who has unknowingly read so much RT that he is acting like a Russian.
Literally everything he posts is designed to separate people.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

I don't think for one minute that Bannon believes in the "deep state". I think he, like so many mouth pieces and puppet masters on that side know exactly what is happening and how to manipulate their gullible and easily trigger base .

If anything, Bannon and Prince and Manafort and the rest of the Mercers are the true deep state and functioning as essentially political assassins and some shady geopolitical and deep data shit .

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Felix is a Russian or a guy who has unknowingly read so much RT that he is acting like a Russian.

Put him and Brandon bull on your ignore list and your Forum life will be much less frustrating. Their existence is to incite and divide and you will never change or engage them in anything meaningful. Ignore and don't empower them.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The be fair, hooking up with Putin and GRU IS the only way to beat the rigged system. It is sorta rigged on both sides now. On both sides. Its only fair.

That's just "Deep State" bullshit couched in different terms. It also fails to account for Russian intent which isn't to MAGA at all.

Feb 4, 2009
Put him and Brandon bull on your ignore list and your Forum life will be much less frustrating. Their existence is to incite and divide and you will never change it engage then in anything meaningful. Ignore and don't empower them.

I may, I haven’t gotten there yet. I will say the ignore function works very well.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It is funny listening/seeing conservatives whine about the pace of the Mueller investigation when it took years for Ken Starr to investigate a BJ in the oval office and and what happened after that. Mueller has already accomplished more on the criminal front than Starr ever did. Any more nothing burger and your stomach is going to explode.

actually, it took Ken Starr years to investigate Whitewater and other "vile Clinton crimes," and found nothing. Not a single thing. Then he turned that investigation towards BJs and infidelity, because he refused to come away empty-handed. All Republicans gathered together and bukkaked themselves over his work, and declared it good.

Feb 16, 2005

Yea man, if they haven't found anything out in a year, they never will. Look at watergate, that shit was wrapped up in a week, or iran contra, or the btk crime spree. If shit ain't wrapped up in a year, it's time to move on, so says the fucking poseur

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That's just "Deep State" bullshit couched in different terms. It also fails to account for Russian intent which isn't to MAGA at all.
Shit I was afraid the sarcasm too subtle, now I cant read yours.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Doubling down on stupid I see.

Meanwhile Trump has hired a lawyer to argue he was framed.

This went from "nothing burger" to "I was framed" while you weren't looking.

If you had a bunch of ne'er-do-wells trying to prove a big nothing burger against you wouldn't you get a lawyer?

Derp.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Just because I dont buy the collusion delusion doesnt make me any different than you. I've been American longer than you've been alive.

Its also funny that you try to accuse people of the exact same thing you do. No wait, it isn't funny. Its delusional.