GTX480 and 470 not availible til 01.05.10 in Norway

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
Waaat

Not 12.april by a longshot
this sucks, even though it isnt what we were expecting/hoping for.

Whats the story in Sweden, denmark, finnland, hell ..Europe at all!?

Last edited:

Cuular

Aug 2, 2001
I believe that's 1, May. Gotta adapt to the date style of the countries being talked about.

Like ZC said/

Last edited:

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
:hmm:
Why does anyone anywhere use a date format that is not in descending order? I suppose I could understand ascending order as well.. but people seriously use a format that is neither?? /boggle

At any rate... this is poor news for folks in Norway... Strange too, we deal with a few high tech machine vision companies there who seem to be into CUDA.

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
We are pretty quick in adopting new hardware i think..

Im not sure, might be importer/distributor..whatever just making sure he doesnt blow his estimate. might be late april for all we know.

hey atleast we got the benchmarks

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
One UK website is listing 6th of April, but the prices are so stupid it doesn't even really matter.
GTX470 on pre-order a week away, or an HD5870 for the exact same price and available now...

One UK retailer has 12th April listed, but pre order numbers available are in low double digits or single digits (<20 units available on each of the 7 different cards available).
Don't know if that's because they already sold out their pre0order allocations, but either way it doesn't bode well for day 1 non-pre-order availability in at least some places.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Danish PIXmania lists the GTX480 availability on the 2nd or 9th of April. At a whooping 3800DKK... (~510&#8364; or ~$685). You can get a HD5870 at ~2800DKK.

EDIT: Some other shops point at 1st of May too... for 3999DKK O_O

Last edited:

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Does anyone expect good availability anywhere? Only way I see good availability is very high prices to make low demand. Nvidia has very loyal customers and demand will be great.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
No problem! Norwegians have been keeping warm this winter with HD5970s. Why do you think it's so hard to find them! :D

lsquare

Jan 30, 2009
I believe that's 1, May. Gotta adapt to the date style of the countries being talked about.

Like ZC said/

I think most of the world uses that date format. Obviously we're use to mm/dd/yyyy format, but the US remains an exception for a lot of things. (i.e imperial vs. metric)

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
No problem! Norwegians have been keeping warm this winter with HD5970s. Why do you think it's so hard to find them! :D

:D true i guess. though there are always some 5970s available on the norwegian webshops. often watercooled editions though

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
:hmm:
Why does anyone anywhere use a date format that is not in descending order?

In some languages you state the date of the month first. While in English you would say on May 1st, 2010, in other languages, say Russian, you would say on the 1st of May, 2010.

Shilohen

Jul 29, 2009
In some languages you state the date of the month first. While in English you would say on May 1st, 2010, in other languages, say Russian, you would say on the 1st of May, 2010.

Yeah, same old true for French. However, when using short format, I prefer the ISO standard, so yyyy/mm/dd. This format also support alpha sort which is kind of nice.

Voo

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2009
Yeah, same old true for French. However, when using short format, I prefer the ISO standard, so yyyy/mm/dd. This format also support alpha sort which is kind of nice.
Same true for German, but it can be really hard to decipher about what date people are talking and let's be honest dd/mm/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd make sense, but mm/dd/yyyy is just strange - that'd like minute:second:hour ;)

But hey we've got to live with stuff like that

lsquare

Jan 30, 2009

I'm pretty sure that date format isn't unique to English, but rather the US. I'm pretty sure most of the world especially Europe uses that date format. Heck, even the default MS Windows 7 date format for Canadian English uses that format.

lsquare

Jan 30, 2009

No way, it's an ISO standard? You have a link to that? I'd love to read about it!

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
The format used in this thread is different from the ISO standard in that link. I don't see the DD/MM/YYYY format in that link.

YYYY-MM-DD is ISO.

The OP used the opposite which is also sort of common.. descending is proper though, hence my confusion when folks though he meant MM-DD-YYYY as I didn't know anyone ever used that.

lsquare

Jan 30, 2009
YYYY-MM-DD is ISO.

The OP used the opposite which is also sort of common.. descending is proper though, hence my confusion when folks though he meant MM-DD-YYYY as I didn't know anyone ever used that.

I understand that, but someone said that the date format used by the op is also an ISO standard. That's what I'm not sure about, but I know it's used in parts of the world.

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
I understand that, but someone said that the date format used by the op is also an ISO standard. That's what I'm not sure about, but I know it's used in parts of the world.

Nah, the chap that mentioned ISO just said that the common speech in French is also the day, month then year but that they prefer ISO.

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
Way to hijack the topic!! :D just kidding, interesting

anyway, bump as to ask why this is the case, is it 12.04.10 or is it 01.05.10 or even later as that date is set by the top seller in Norway, komplett.no

apparantly 273 Gainward GTX480 will be in stock at 01.05.10
no mention of other cards so far, though another site, netshop.no lists several brands being in stock 03.05.10

sucks