GTX 670 Slow 2D performance

birthdaymonkey

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2010
Lately I've been noticing that my new Asus 670 feels slow in 2D mode. I notice this in Aero animations and flash. Aero just feels ever so slightly sluggish, while flash video seems a bit choppy. For instance, if I open Google Maps and go to Street View, when I pan the camera or move the viewer box, it's choppy and slow. If I do a click-drag box on the desktop, the box lags behind the cursor. On my 560Ti system, and even on my G620 HTPC, it's always fast and smooth in both of these scenarios.

I've tried with hardware acceleration both enabled and disabled in flash--no difference. Can anyone else confirm whether this is just my system or is this a driver problem?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Google street view is always a little jerkey at some points. Always have noticed that since it's inception. Other stuff like click and drag on the desktop...no idea. Doesn't seem bad to me.

birthdaymonkey

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2010
I just compared my two machines in Google Street View, and there's a major difference in responsiveness between them. I've now tried all three available driver releases and the performance is still crummy on this computer.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Again I dunno because on every device or computer I've ever tested, street view has been jittery sometimes. Not all the time, just at certain points.