GTX 560 ( SE ) Review: Mid Range Maddness

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
NCIX has never sold a brand new factory fresh 6870 for $135 brand new LOL that $135 6870 was only ever for a dud USED REFURBISHED and OPEN BOXED only Powercolor 6870 and I was not about to getting another low class radeon card so I just went with a card from EVGA because I have never been let down by EVGA.

Ah yes they have dude. A few times. $135 After Rebate.

You posted your review on the Brand new 6870 link on NCIX. Look at the review Directly under yours... "I was fortunate to grab this card at 135.99 After rebate....." and that was back in January before the new gen cards even came out!

Why bother arguing? Notice how you seem to be in the minority on almost everything in this thread? Not a good sign eh?

Enjoy the 560 SE.

Last edited:

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Reading comprehension FTL.
One card does not a statistic make.
You make a general statement about Radeon / Powercolor cards from ONE sample.

We are talking NCIX here not Newegg and my Credit note from NCIX was not redeemable forever so I could not wait 6 months for the last brand new UNOPENED 6870 to drop to $135. Powercolor is junk I will never support "Powercolor" product again.

Last edited:

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Ah yes they have dude. A few times. $135 After Rebate.

You posted your review on the Brand new 6870 link on NCIX. Look at the review Directly under yours... "I was fortunate to grab this card at 135.99 After rebate....." and that was back in January before the new gen cards even came out!

Why bother arguing? Notice how you seem to be in the minority on almost everything in this thread? Not a good sign eh?

Done with this thread. Enjoy the 560 SE.
My review was on the OPEN BOX Powercolor 6870 further I would say you are a Radeon fanboy but excuse me for just simply wanting a good deal on a product that works this one did not work sorry for doing Powercolor wrong but this is the facts Powercolor sucks IMHO and exsperience and many agree with me.
Openbox6870.jpg

Last edited:

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Just for giggles, I just called NCIX. 4 times since Christmas has this card been on sale BRAND new for $135 AR.

Latest being The Sale week of March 7th, in which I actually ordered one that day. Invoice is being emailed to me. Want me to post it or just email it to you? BRAND NEW, not open box. Mind you I admit it was longer ago than I though, nonetheless, still true.

You really need to learn to not be so stubborn and actually LISTEN to what people are saying.

Edit: Waiting for Email, but here is a Snipit of the Chat I just had one NCIX website.

capturewgcd.jpg

$25 Rebate.

= $135.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Just for giggles, I just called NCIX. 4 times since Christmas.

Latest being The Sale week of March 7th, in which I actually ordered one that day. Invoice is being emailed to me. Want me to post it or just email it to you? BRAND NEW, not open box. Mind you I admit it was longer ago than I though, nonetheless, still true.

You really need to learn to not be so stubborn and actually LISTEN to what people are saying.
You need to listen when I say NCIX Sold me a bum card shxx happens it's not there fault I hope but NCIX would not replace my DOA bum Powercolor 6870 with another Powercolor 6870 or any other 6870 for that matter in fact my only option was cash back or in store credit note. My Credit note was issued for $142 which cover exactly the cost & shipping of the 560 SE a card that is dam good performer playing Age Of Conan everything maxed in game plus 8x Supersample in the Nvidia CP and it never goes below 35fps in the most demanding areas.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
You need to listen when I say NCIX Sold me a bum card shxx happens it's not there fault I hope but NCIX would not replace my DOA bum Powercolor 6870 with another Powercolor 6870 or any other 6870 for that matter in fact my only option was cash back or in store credit note. My Credit note was issued for $142 which cover exactly the cost & shipping of the 560 SE a card that is dam good performer playing Age Of Conan everything maxed in game plus 8x Supersample in the Nvidia CP and it never goes below 35fps in the most demanding areas.

ughhh... were arguing whether the 6870 was $135 brand new AR in 2012. This quote has nothing to do with our argument at all.

Anyways, see above. Enjoy your 560 SE. I've contributed more to this thread than I wanted, and not in the way I wanted. You just seem to provoke people.

Last edited:

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
ughhh... were arguing whether the 6870 was $135 brand new AR in 2012. This quote nothing to do with our argument at all.

Anyways, see above. Enjoy your 560 SE.
The 560 SE is performing excellently across all my 288 CUDA CORES on 1680x1050 rez. I already stated there were no $135 rebates or $135 deals on the 6870 when I redeemed my credit note and rebates are a non issue to me they are jankey and I don't deal with the headache and $135 after rebate is not $135 for you have to outlay the full retail and take a chance on getting the difference back in a jankey half assed procedure that takes months.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
NCIX has never sold a brand new factory fresh 6870 for $135 brand new LOL that $135 6870 was only ever for a dud USED REFURBISHED and OPEN BOXED only Powercolor 6870 and I was not about to getting another low class radeon card so I just went with a card from EVGA because I have never been let down by EVGA.

Just for giggles, I just called NCIX. 4 times since Christmas has this card been on sale BRAND new for $135 AR.

Edit: Waiting for Email, but here is a Snipit of the Chat I just had one NCIX website.

capturewgcd.jpg

$25 Rebate.

= $135.

Have a great day!

The 560 SE is performing excellently across all my 288 CUDA CORES on 1680x1050 rez. I already stated there were no $135 rebates or $135 deals on the 6870 when I redeemed my credit note and rebates are a non issue to me they are jankey and I don't deal with the headache and $135 after rebate is not $135 for you have to outlay the full retail and take a chance on getting the difference back in a jankey half assed procedure that takes months.

hmmmm o_O

Point made. Thanks for the review, I'm out of this thread.

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
lol, I just ordered one of these from newegg. :$

I sent my gtx670 back and I cant play crap with my backup 8600gt 256mb so I need something that will at least let me run modern games at 1920. the 560 SE is a nice compromise between a backup card and a card still okay enough to call my pc a gaming computer if I decide to sale it. it also came with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 which I assume I can sell and make a little money on.

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
what happened to ur 670 T?
I sent it back for a full refund. lol

I really was not all that pleased with it and for 420 bucks I saw no reason to put up with any of this issues that were bothering me. I wish I had not sold my gtx570.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
I sent it back for a full refund. lol

I really was not all that pleased with it and for 420 bucks I saw no reason to put up with any of this issues that were bothering me. I wish I had not sold my gtx570.
I can understand that logic.

Agiel

Oct 11, 2013
i have a EVGA GTX 560 SSE2 this is weird coz 560SSE's has 192bit bandwith, a cutted down version, this is full, 256bit, 50.4/28.8 ... but GPU-Z is giving me wrong lectures ...

the only dif from a Ti Version is 336CUDA vs 384 ... Mine is OC same as a Ti would it have same performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.