GTX 560 Quality Help

sean1727

Jul 4, 2011
I was wondering if the evga gtx 560 is a graphics card that is able to support games like black ops crysis 2 and fallout new vegas? would it be able to play them on max resolution?

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
It can support all those games. It can play them at "max resolution", assuming you mean 1920x1080 (1080p, which is technically not "max resolution", btw). There are many more variables that you're not taking into account. Each game has a multitude of graphical settings to make them "playable" on a wide variety of video cards. The more powerful your video card, the more graphical enhancements you can enable while still having smooth frame rates. You can get Crysis 2 "playable" on a $75 video card, however you will have to disable a lot of the graphical enhancements, so the game will not look as good as it would with settings appropriate for a more powerful card.

The 3 games you mentioned vary quite a bit as far as how demanding they are on a video card's resources. I believe Crysis 2 would be the most demanding, Fallout the 2nd, and Bl:Ops the third. The GTX 560 won't likely be able to play Crysis 2 with ALL graphical settings maxed if running at 1080p. It should probably be fine for the other 2 games, however.

Edit: You may want to take a look at this thread discussing the new Crysis 2 patch that adds a number of graphical enhancements to the game. You might try asking your question in there, or may be able to figure out the answer to your question (What video card do I need to run Crysis 2 maxed?) there.

Last edited: