GTX 1080 outputs only on one port, any tips how to solve this?

poisonborz

Aug 9, 2005
After using my 1080 for two weeks (Gigabyte G1 Gaming), yesterday after a bootup I noticed that the card only sends out signal on one of the display ports (it has 3 DP, 1 HDMI). No matter how many displays are plugged in, signal is only sent to one port, o matter how the displays are plugged in after the startup. If there is only one display plugged in at startup, that will be the only active port.

After reinstalling the Nvidia driver (Win10) all ports are detected and work again, but the issue reappears on the next restart. More specifically one is active and my two other monitors will have black screen output (one has briefly a white screen before the desktop loads).

Is this a driver/mobo issue (I have a GA-Z87MX-D3H) or could this be a HW fault? Could someone have a tip on how to solve this? Thanks!

May 11, 2008
That seems like a similar issue some AMD RX480 users have reported and experienced including myself.
I am beginning to wonder if it is not a windows 10 issue ?
When you unplug and plug in the cable again from the non working monitor, what does windows say when you let windows autodetect the screens ?
Have you tried to disable power saving features such as to never to turn off the monitor.

My experience:
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ivers-still-suck.2505291/page-2#post-38880239

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
After using my 1080 for two weeks (Gigabyte G1 Gaming), yesterday after a bootup I noticed that the card only sends out signal on one of the display ports (it has 3 DP, 1 HDMI).

Did you update drivers recently? If so I'd say rollback to the ones you were using previously and see if that fixes it. Also do you let the computer go to sleep or do you power off completely? Try disabling sleep / shutting down instead when not using it and see if that helps.

Reactions: poisonborz

poisonborz

Aug 9, 2005
Did you update drivers recently? If so I'd say rollback to the ones you were using previously and see if that fixes it. Also do you let the computer go to sleep or do you power off completely? Try disabling sleep / shutting down instead when not using it and see if that helps.

Thanks, that was it! Reverting back to 378 seemingly solves my issues, had problems with 380+ drivers. Hope Nvidia fixes this as time goes on.