GTX 1070: GIGABYTE G1 Gaming vs. MSI GAMING X

Justforcause

May 12, 2014
Hey all,

recently I bought Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 maily because it was roughly 35 euros cheaper then MSI. After the purchase I read some reviews and people stated that the Gigabyte was quiet even while gaming. But mine is honestly quite loud when under load and also suffers coil when when under load. At some games its fine and quiet and at some is really loud (Overwatch for example). Do you guys have experience with such cards and do you think that switching to MSI would be better regarding noise and coil whine? Or is it just matter of luck?

Thanks,
J.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Hey all,

recently I bought Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 maily because it was roughly 35 euros cheaper then MSI. After the purchase I read some reviews and people stated that the Gigabyte was quiet even while gaming. But mine is honestly quite loud when under load and also suffers coil when when under load. At some games its fine and quiet and at some is really loud (Overwatch for example). Do you guys have experience with such cards and do you think that switching to MSI would be better regarding noise and coil whine? Or is it just matter of luck?

Thanks,
J.
Use the Gigabyte OCGURU program to manually set the fanspeed. As long as it doesn't go over 80c u should be fine. I put mine to 50% until 80c, and it's quiet. The default fan settings are over protective.