GTaudiophile's ?UROPEAN TRAVEL GUIDE

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

elektrolokomotive

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
Originally posted by: bigal40
Great guide.
One other thing that you might want to do if you are interested in learning about the sites you see and the history of them is get the Rick Steves books. They pretty good and give all kinds of useful tips that are specific to each place you go(where the shortest lines are, the best times to go, etc)

I have a friend who owns a really great little hotel just outside the old city walls at Rothenburg o.d. Tauber. I asked him once why he wasn't listed in Rick's books. An annoyed look came over his face as he muttered something about being unwilling to pay what Rick asks to be listed.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Ain't many jobs that give enough vacation to consistently allow 6-7 week overseas trips, at least ones that would also pay enough to allow that trip to be taken. Fell free to hook the rest of us up.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: lupi
Ain't many jobs that give enough vacation to consistently allow 6-7 week overseas trips, at least ones that would also pay enough to allow that trip to be taken. Fell free to hook the rest of us up.

Not usually 6-7 weeks consecutively.

Last year was 4 weeks in Summer (2 weeks business, 2 weeks vacation), 1 week in September/October, and 1 week in November/December.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Going to Geneva, Paris, London in a few weeks. Ive been to London at least 20 different times so I am not new to Europe, but the other two will be first time visits, and visits to countries where English isnt the primary spoken language.

We are staying with a cousin in Geneva and the Le Meridien in paris. Any advice I need to heed before going?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
you're crazy, man :)

I'd love to travel that much. damn being a broke-ass college student :p