• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

GTA V latest update

MrGrim999

Jan 12, 2015
Has anyone had a problem downloading the latest patch ? I'm stuck on the social club screen where I get about 5mbs into it then loses connection and restarts. This keeps happening over and over. I found rockstar games tech support number online and spoke to them but they were no help. They just opened a ticket for me. If anyone has a fix I'd love to know :)

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Delete the client.blob in your steam and reboot it with rebuild those files. Do a check in steam if you have steam version on all the files. If you look in the GTA5 thread I have listed some fixes some people have taken to fix the stutterting.

From what I have read the update issue if you have RS social service requires a reinstall.

Have you reinstalled yet? If you have a big steam folder just copy pasta it into another folder and save your save files and move them back over after your redo.

GL and let us know.

MrGrim999

Jan 12, 2015
Delete the client.blob in your steam and reboot it with rebuild those files. Do a check in steam if you have steam version on all the files. If you look in the GTA5 thread I have listed some fixes some people have taken to fix the stutterting.

From what I have read the update issue if you have RS social service requires a reinstall.

Have you reinstalled yet? If you have a big steam folder just copy pasta it into another folder and save your save files and move them back over after your redo.

GL and let us know.

Thanks alot for the response. I'm going through the rockstar social club. I've only used steam a few times for one game and must have missed that option during the install. One thing that might be worth mentioning is, I have an ssd drive that i pretty much used to install windows on and have a regular seagate barracuda 2tb internal hd. When I first installed GTA V, I installed the game on the seagate but forgot to change the drive letter when i installed social club which is on the ssd drive. I didn't think it mattered but thought I'd mention it. I just checked my steam account and the only game listed in my library right now is just one game Team Fortress 2.

If I have to reinstall social club, is there anything on the hard drive that I would lose or is everything online?

ASK THE COMMUNITY