GTA 4 under $20 from Amazon.com

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
It is fixed for me. I bought mine from Target because I didn't want to wait or pay for shipping from Amazon or J&R.

I run it on a HD4850 and 4GB of RAM as well as Q6700 at 3.5GHz though so this game is still CPU intensive. If you can't run it well, your computer just isn't good enough.

dguy6789

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2002
Do you still have to install like five programs that are nothing but malware to play the game?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
It is fixed for me. I bought mine from Target because I didn't want to wait or pay for shipping from Amazon or J&R.

I run it on a HD4850 and 4GB of RAM as well as Q6700 at 3.5GHz though so this game is still CPU intensive. If you can't run it well, your computer just isn't good enough.

While you do need a decent computer to play it, the whole thing was blown out of proportions. I played it on a C2D with a 512 meg 4750 and never noticed slow down. I know I wasn't getting 60fps, but it never felt unplayable. So many people yelling how you needed a quad core + 1 gig video card, it was smooth for me with far less.

dguy6789

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2002
I recall it requiring at least two programs besides games for windows live to be installed just to play the game. That's absurd to me.

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
I recall it requiring at least two programs besides games for windows live to be installed just to play the game. That's absurd to me.

3 for me ..

Vista sp1

I would prefer the old and classic SAN ANDREAS !! This game is truly a waste of money for me.I mean even a toddler can do those missions !!

While you do need a decent computer to play it, the whole thing was blown out of proportions. I played it on a C2D with a 512 meg 4750 and never noticed slow down. I know I wasn't getting 60fps, but it never felt unplayable. So many people yelling how you needed a quad core + 1 gig video card, it was smooth for me with far less.
Yeah, even at 21 fps also it ran smoothly for me. But below 20 it became worst. Any one noticed that people run a lot slower in this game ?? My guess is that its to make the game look a bit less laggy .. !!

Last edited:

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
It requires Games for Windows Live and Rockstar Social Club. I added mine to Steam because I wanted the overlay so I can actually chat to people. Malware? Hardly. Just don't execute upon boot. It might be a little inconvenient but it doesn't make my loading times any slower.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Hardware-wise it's still a hog, but if you have a quad-core CPU, 4+GB of memory, and a decent graphics card, you'll be more than fine. My first play through was on a dual-core processor with 2GB of memory, and there were slowdowns if I tried to turn up any of the draw distances.
However, it still looked pretty good, and it's an excellent game overall.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Both BestBuy and MicroCenter had this game for $19.90 for quite a while..?

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Awesome. I personally didn't find GTA IV as much fun as the previous GTA games. They should've stuck with the same formula as the GTA 3 series.

sticks435

Jun 30, 2008
This is sorta off topic, but you can get Mirrors Edge and the new Prince of Persia for around $8 bucks from amazon. All 3 games together is about 33 bucks.