GT3 ADDICTS READ THIS!!!

discotech

Jul 11, 2001
I've got all gold on the first two series of the Beginners league races, but I'm at FR now and I've only got gold on the first one. The other two I've got silvers. I can't seem to come in first place, and I also can't seem to make the turns. I'll be leading it in first place then a sharp turn, or a turn comes up and I mess up. I usually follow the first place car and brake when he brakes, but when I'm first, I don't know when to brake so I have a hard time turning. Any advice would help, thanks!

HELP ME!

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ummm learn how to turn????? i havent played GT3 yet but have 1000+ hours of playing GT1 and GT2, turing is not that hard really.

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
Actually, as a first time GT player with GT3, I think turning fundamentals are the *hardest* part to learn. I'm in the amatuer league with the Porshe 911GT and I still can't turn as well as I like. I basically make up for that lack of skill with horsepower. 634 to be exact :)

As for that third race in the first league, I too had problems. I just did other races, saved, and bought an Integra Type R and kicked ass ;)

iamfried

Jan 28, 2001
If you find out what course you are on you can go over to Grantourismo.com and do a search on their message board for that track. There are more times than not, a walk through somewhere through some of the threads. Some of these guys are professionals and if you tell them you have golds in the races, they will probably not be impressed.
By professionals, I know some of them put in over 15 hours a day playing this game. I know someone posted that they have already finished the game. It has only been out for 3 days for crying out loud.
But beyond that, how do you like the game?
I love mine.

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001
for me, I usually brake early.
make my way into the turn while coasting... and half way through the turn, start accelerating. then accelerate HARD out of the turn.

but the key point is, BRAKE EARLY, so you'll be able to maintain control through the turn... you can't win if you're not on the road.

or if you STILL can't figure it out.
tailgate the first car until the last turn, then take the inside position, push the first car to the outside of the turn, and accelerate HARD through to the finish line! :)

iamfried

Jan 28, 2001
Braking early is VERY KEY, especially when you have a long straight after the turn. If you brake early, you can get on the gas sooner, thereby having more speed exiting the turn. This in turn leads to more speed the whole time you are on the straight. Could be the difference in entering the next turn at 135mph or 127mph, either way, brake early.

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
Could you tell me what kind of tires you use? My car seems to always be slipping and sliding since my tires give way. I think I purchased T5 tires...

discotech

Jul 11, 2001
Sometimes I see the cars brake twice. I usually tailgate the cars when I'm driving, but at points I'll just pass them with my fast miata, and then I don't know when or where to start slowing down. I see them stop at two points sometimes. I can't remember my STM is bad.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
A fully tuned 22B-STi kicks total ass. Mid 500 HP, AWD, low weight, superb handling, just perfect for the way I drive. Also launched 0-60 in under 3.2 seconds. :D

For tires, I'm using Medium-Soft. Seems to be working quite well, and lasts a bit longer than Softs.

Turning is something you learn by driving the track. You should use the qualify to learn the track when you don't know it. It helps alot. You can experiment for the best braking points, etc. Braking early isn't always the key, sometimes you'll brake too early and not have enough speed to get around the corner fairly quickly.

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
If u know your car good enough, you should be able to tell what kind of Speed can you maintain without slidding when enter certain kind of turn.
So brake to that speed before you enter the turn and let go of gas while you entering it. Accelerate little bit when needed during the turn. Just when you about to exit the turn accelerate your way and vroommmm your opponents can only see the smoke from your exhaust. :D

This works for me.