GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! (about ASUS)

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i dont know what the hell is wrong with this damn company. i have completely forgotten the fact that they might have excellent products. one thing that they DONT have is ANY tech support. i am convinced that there IS no tech support within that entire excuse of a corporation. it is virtually impossible for me to get an RMA for my P2B-DS, and i am doubting i will ever be in the market for an ASUS product in the future.

These a$$holes are pissing me off, and their marketing department are gonna feel my wrath as they are the only department with a phone number that i can call.

ill let you know how it turns out.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Dude.

You call them on a weekday. Probably between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Pacific time and you ASK for tech support.

If you're calling them right now, there is NO WONDER why you can't get a hold of anyone.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
LMFAO @ jonnyGURU...its so true! :D

KidViciou$, if you call on a weekend, of COURSE a company that isn't even based in the US isn't going to have tech support/RMA open. :p BTW, they make such high quality products, that I doubt their tech support and RMA dept. gets enough phone calls to warrant them being open any more than weekdays during regular business hours.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
hmmmmm, i guess you mistook what i said. i said i will let you know how it turns out, meaning that i was going ot call during business hours. of course they wouldnt have people on the phone on a weekend, especially sunday.

btw, they dont have a &quot;main&quot; number, just a number for marketing, so i cant ask for tech support, i have to demand it.

windogg, consider this my 3rd or 4th email to them. i sent it like a week and a half ago

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
It's not an Asus thing.

No manufacturer I know of actually responds to all emails for RMA requests.

Even I have a cut and paste that says &quot;please call 1-800-407....&quot; when I get an overwhelming number of such requests because there are not enough hours in the day to have a trained techician sit down and do nothing but respond to emails.

Actually, I was in the office on Saturday and since I was only there to put OSs on two machines, I went ahead and actually responded to the 10 emails that were left in my box that morning. ;) Had nothing better to do while the drives were formatting. :p

I've got the direct number for Asus tech support at work, so let me get there, find it, and I'll respond to this thread.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Here you go:

Asus Tech Support/RMA is 510-739-3777

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Have you tried logging onto alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus, on your news server. Asus support people seem to peruse that newsite all the time.

Dogmeat

Nov 8, 1999
I have contacted the ASUS tech support twice and each time received a supprisingly fast response (because I reached their voice mail)and great service. The number Johnny gave is in Fremont CA and is the same as I called. No, they do not make it easy and the number is really intended for &quot;shop&quot; personel, but try getting rid of AOHELL sometime if you want a experience.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i called them today, and to save money, i used dialpad.com :D

they are going to call me back, so i need to open my case and get the S/N

thanks for the number again