Grrrrrrrrr

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Cliffs:
- I applied for a weekend job.
- I thought the job requirements for a job on the same site were amusing, so I gave the link to my coworker/friend.
- My coworker navigated back to the main page, found the job I applied for, and sent out mass e-mails to people letting them know that it's available.
- I inform coworker that I applied for that job. No response yet.

:|

And I'm sure I'll get some responses saying I should be able to deal with the competition, but c'mon, would you be happy about it? The job was only posted a couple days ago (maybe even yesterday), and they're going to give preference to people who apply by Friday, so I figured there wouldn't be a lot of people applying.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Self ownage does not go over well here. You shall have the meat picked clean from your bones.
Pshh. Only 'cause people are asshats. She even knew I'd been applying for jobs, and obviously knew I had looked at that site.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer
Is thirtythree age or IQ?

I believe that's the number of people who are more qualified for the position than he is.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: bigrash
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer
Is thirtythree age or IQ?

I believe that's the number of people who are more qualified for the position than he is.
It doesn't require a lot in the way of qualifications, so the candidate will more likely be chosen based on whoever the interviewer happens to like best.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
I dont think I'd ever just go out and tell someone about jobs... too much shaking of the boat that could happen if someone bails.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: d3n
I dont think I'd ever just go out and tell someone about jobs... too much shaking of the boat that could happen if someone bails.
What do you mean?

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Originally posted by: thirtythree
Originally posted by: d3n
What do you mean?

Well, when I said someone I meant co-worker. With friends/family it's a little diffrent. Most (close friends) would know I was looking and have the wits not to mass mail it before asking me if I had seen the posting. With everyone else, to me, it's just best to keep your hand covered until your already in the spot.