Grrrr - Onvia says V5 shipping date "unknown"

Feb 10, 2000
This is frustrating - I just called Onvia (home of the $244 shipped V5 5500 and generally good customer service), and they say they cannot tell when they will receive the V5s. I ordered one on 12 May. Could be tomorrow, could be 3 weeks from now (though I admit the latter is unlikely).

The cards are already available at EB and elsewhere.

I am seriously considering a run to the local EB after work; I am sure I could sell the sealed card from Onvia for more than I paid on Fleabay once it comes. Hmmm, maybe if they have one in stock at EB I will view it as a sign from God :~).

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
First off, it's onvia, king of OUT OF STOCK. About 2 months ago, I ordered an IBM 20 gig hdd for $150, very nice. Unforutnatley, it was out of stock, but i was willing to wait. Then after a couple of days, the item was listed as in stock, but my order didn't ship. So i e-mailed onvia and apprently, they don't even carry the item any more!

IceStorm

Feb 7, 2000
King of out of stock is buy.com - if it isn't in stock when you order it, it never will be (at least, not at the price they list).

3dfx shipped their cards. My V5-5500 is sitting beside me. I'm prepping the machine now. :)

Insomniac

Oct 9, 1999
It is now mid-August 2000. By then, $264 won't be a good deal at all! Might as well get a V5 6000 or NV 20!

davidos

Nov 29, 1999
Got tired of this mess and ordered one from EBworld.com. No tax to pay. Should be here today or tomorrow. I have 15 days to use it before i can return it or just keep it. If it really is mid-August like Onvia says..... that blows.