Grrr... Insurance company canceled my home insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'd been with Erie insurance for years, but a couple months ago I thought I'd finally shop around to see if I could get a better rate. After an immense amount of time trying to find the best rates, I switched both my home and auto to Ameriprise (which is offered through Costco), as they seemed to be the most cost effective overall. (although a week after I switched to them, they increased my auto after more research, but that's another gripe).

Now, less than 2 months later, I get a call from Ameriprise saying they are cancelling my home insurance. Apparently the replacement cost of my home is too much over the market value of my home. I don't know where they get their replacement costs from, but they have it at some over-inflated number (150% of the actual market value) and apparently they can't alter it. Not sure why it really matters what the replacement cost is anyways as long as I'm paying my premium based on that number (which I am).

So now I'm back to having to shop for both Auto and Home insurance again. My auto isn't canceled, but dumb to keep one with them when I lose the combo discount. Just makes me very annoyed!!!

Ok, carry on with your day...

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
good God im sure that there are MANY people who would fall into that catagory. im so far upside down i know i would.

Status
Not open for further replies.