Growing number of women arming themselves

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Women are arming themselves probably because they realize if conservatives have their way they will be required to carry any child that is a produce of rape to term.... :p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe they're arming themselves to confront the fringewhacks who cheered Rush on as he attacked women in general as sluts & whores for using birth control. Maybe they're alarmed at all the Righties talking about defending the Constitution with armed insurrection against the duly elected govt. Maybe they really want to pop a cap in yo' male chauvinist pig ass.

Maybe it's just a fashion statement, a way to fit in with the girls at the country club.

"See, I got the pink one with the laser sight! It matches my nails!"

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe it's just a fashion statement, a way to fit in with the girls at the country club.

"See, I got the pink one with the laser sight! It matches my nails!"

LOL, here's that "liberal" respect for women.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Women are arming themselves probably because they realize if conservatives have their way they will be required to carry any child that is a produce of rape to term.... :p

That doesn't make sense. You make it sound as if their only objection to being raped is the small chance of a pregnancy.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Every person is born perfect

wat

You didn't know? Where do you think God and Heaven came from? People don't dream up shit that doesn't exist. Nobody pays the slightest attention to the Spaghetti Monster but billions can feel God's presence because they and Him were once one and the same thing. He has millions of names but it's all the same thing. Where do you think dreams and idealism and love come from? Why do you think we long for something, those of us still slightly alive after childhood? The only thing that keeps humanity from instant extinction is because the unconscious feels this. There is only love.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
That doesn't make sense. You make it sound as if their only objection to being raped is the small chance of a pregnancy.

It makes perfect sense.

Opinion talk show host going on an slut laced screed for 2 or 3 days.

invasive probbing if a women thinks that an abortion may be an option.

Men who think that they should have a say in a woman's situation around reproduction

Why wouldn't a woman want to be armed when there are men who feel they need to control her ovaries and related organs.

A small chance of conceiving a child from a rape is still a chance.

remember "if men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacred right."

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
With firearm sales breaking records every month, many articles pointed out it was because woman and first time buyers are driving sales.
I wonder, why is this? Have people been historically selling and throwing away guns, so they have none now, or what?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
second%20amendment-women.jpg

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Not surprising. Here in the US women need to be armed to protect themselves from Republicans.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Either in a secure financial situation such that childbearing isn't that much of an economic impact to them or religious indoctrination

More of that Democrat mysogyny I love so much. So apparently you're saying that any woman who is pro-life must be so because they're rich and spoiled or stupid and gullible. Why do Democrats hate women?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I wonder, why is this? Have people been historically selling and throwing away guns, so they have none now, or what?

Nah. They keep all their old toys when they buy new ones.

Maybe Spidey will enumerate his arsenal for us.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why do Republicans hate women? It's the Republicans who want the state in the vaginas of women...

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl...orcibly_penetrated_for_no_medical_reason.html

if you were truly laissez-faire you'd accept that women should be sovereign over their own bodies.

I am laissez-faire. I don't care if women get abortions. I also don't care if they carry guns. Democrats do. Democrats also don't want women using drugs. So apparently to a Democrat, it's your body your choice, until we're talking about anything other than abortion. Then it should be regulated. Doing drugs? Regulate it. Owning guns? Regulate it. Bad diet? Regulate it. Abortion? Hey, do whatever the fuck you want!

The only thing I hate more than Republicans is Democrats.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

With the have-nots getting desperate, better to be prepared. Coupled with many more states allowing concealed carry. Then there's the obama factor that has driven ammo and guns sales through the roof months before he was elected.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Nah. They keep all their old toys when they buy new ones.

Maybe Spidey will enumerate his arsenal for us.

Operational security. I'll never say what I do or don't have. For now let's just leave it a couple pistols, couple shotguns, couple "high capacity high powered assault rifles". The big boy toys do get quite expensive.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I am laissez-faire. I don't care if women get abortions. I also don't care if they carry guns. Democrats do. Democrats also don't want women using drugs. So apparently to a Democrat, it's your body your choice, until we're talking about anything other than abortion. Then it should be regulated. Doing drugs? Regulate it. Owning guns? Regulate it. Bad diet? Regulate it. Abortion? Hey, do whatever the fuck you want!

The only thing I hate more than Republicans is Democrats.

Steaming heaps o' false attribution.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I also don't care if they carry guns. Democrats do

I vote for the Democratic candidate more often than a Republican Candidate. However, I don't really care about gun control except that it does seem that too many idiots and criminals always seem to have them. Aside from that if a person isn't a moron or a criminal I don't mind them having a firearm. I enjoy the occasional afternoon of plinking and if I favored an inordinate amount of gun control I'd be a hypocrite.

If you hate me because of my voting habits... well then I welcome your hate.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
With the have-nots getting desperate, better to be prepared. Coupled with many more states allowing concealed carry. Then there's the obama factor that has driven ammo and guns sales through the roof months before he was elected.
Yeah, but were there really that many people without prior access? That's what I don't get. My family is scattered all over the east coast, and whenever somebody dies, there are guns to be inherited. Sometimes, who gets what has been in the wills, even. Most people I know have had similar experiences, not having bought at least half their arms. While they never used them, many of my female ancestors kept them in their purses, and knew how to use them. It just seems so strange to think that the sales would be as high as they are, given our population, unless common old guns had been getting disposed of, over the past decades; or if people in some large states genuinely did avoid them out of some fear, so that only criminals would have them.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yeah, but were there really that many people without prior access? That's what I don't get. My family is scattered all over the east coast, and whenever somebody dies, there are guns to be inherited. Sometimes, who gets what has been in the wills, even. Most people I know have had similar experiences, not having bought at least half their arms. While they never used them, many of my female ancestors kept them in their purses, and knew how to use them. It just seems so strange to think that the sales would be as high as they are, given our population, unless common old guns had been getting disposed of, over the past decades; or if people in some large states genuinely did avoid them out of some fear, so that only criminals would have them.

I know plenty of people that have gotten guns based on economic conditions and what they see coming as a means to protect what they have. They look at the riots in Europe and know "that shit is coming here". All first time owners who never thought they'd want or need a gun, but they see the writing on the wall.

The record sales and NCIS checks don't lie. And now if you go to a gun store there are plenty of women and in my area the gun shops are marketing to them.

Last edited: