Grow tent under construction...finally

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Wow what a complicated plant, sounds like aliens engineered it inbetween constructing pyramids.

And it’s s fruit? Interesting...

It's called weed because it grows just like a weed. As in you don't have to do anything for it to grow. However, to get a quality product it is not simple.

I was just laughing at the idea of planting marijuana in tiny growpot for herbs

as to op, yeah, bad idea to share a room with that.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I still have my seedlings growing in some rockwool cubes. Hopefully everything is up and operational this weekend. Ctbaars, this isn't my first rodeo.

Reactions: stargazr

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Hell, I had the cops bust down my bedroom door less than a year ago with my big tent up and 9 plants growing and a pound or so of weed hanging in my closet drying. lol

they said they would come back and fix the door...that never happened :(

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

I remember that one, it was impressive.

TBH if it was not for the whole legality part it would be awesome to run something like that, just from the technical standpoint. Like designing the HVAC and electrical distribution and all that stuff. Some grow ops are better organized than my work place when it comes to that sort of thing.

Reactions: Mayne

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I remember that one, it was impressive.

TBH if it was not for the whole legality part it would be awesome to run something like that, just from the technical standpoint. Like designing the HVAC and electrical distribution and all that stuff. Some grow ops are better organized than my work place when it comes to that sort of thing.

Err you can apply for a producer licence.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I'm growing tomatoes. After having to pay 6 bucks for 2 tomatoes at my grocery store I decided "enough is enough!"

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's probably super involved and very expensive and probably has a ton of requirements. Beyond a hobby at that point. You're only allowed to have so many plants otherwise and not allowed to sell them.

Four plants are plenty for individual use.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
That's pretty cool, Mayne. A friend of mine tried growing for a little while. It's a rabbit hole of equipment and methods.

It would be a pretty cool hobby. In my state, you're allowed to have up to six plants per home, or twelve for >2 adults, for personal use. Probably something I'll try once I retire.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Err, where are you buying tomatoes? Whole Food?
He neglected to mention that they are Canadian Bucks ...
I know a Loonie is a canadian dollar. (Coin with a loon)
A Toonie is Two canadian dollars.

I bet in Canada a "buck" is a coin with a picture of some antlers on it. My guess is it's worth about 25 cents American.

:)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
He neglected to mention that they are Canadian Bucks ...
I know a Loonie is a canadian dollar. (Coin with a loon)
A Toonie is Two canadian dollars.

I bet in Canada a "buck" is a coin with a picture of some antlers on it. My guess is it's worth about 25 cents American.

:)

<--- Canadian... And I know the general area Mayne lives in.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
<--- Canadian... And I know the general area Mayne lives in.
Awww, my bad joke failed hard!

Ehh, I know he's over by Toronto, which is really only an 8ish hour drive from where I am about 50 miles NW of Chicago. I have been in that area before, but only once, and many years ago when we went to see Niagra falls. I remember the CN Tower being awesome, with an obvervation deck even higher than the Sears Tower in Chicago. I also remember being impressed with the Chinatown. I need to go there again with the wife some time.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
That's not a grow tent!! This is a grow tent!! If your going to do it....do it right!!
KhanShatyr4.jpg

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Ahhh, never knew Mayne was up there... thought it was just Red Squirrel playing with himself there.

lol, you've never seen his rants about how america is the most terrifying place on earth? it is a lawless subtropical metropolis ruled by totalitarian regimes, and every time you step out your front door you might be signing your death warrant as stray bullets whiz by your head.

Reactions: Ichinisan