Grow tent under construction...finally

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Going with a new way to grow the seedlings. Should be good.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
trust me its all gonna be nice. I had just erected the tent..still gotta hang the lights and silver tape stuff etc etc. I'm missing some hooks and other stuff..and I need to get some zip ties.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Are you venting it outside or anything? I had some in-laws in CO that showed me their grow closet, and it definitely put off a lot of odor.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
that flex vent you see connects to a filter on the other side of the tent which you can't see.

Reactions: Captante

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You usually need some serious--and very expensive--filters to deal with just some of the odor, right?

When can I expect my first shipment?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
the tent is only 2x4x7. It can handle 4 plants nicely I hope...normally go with a 4x4x7 but my bedroom is smaller now since I gave my old room to my new roommate/sister.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I would not just vent outside, that's going to create negative pressure to the house and waste lot of energy, I would implement a HRV.

Oddly enough growing weed here is now less involved than flying a drone. Time to sell my drone and start smoking weed. :p

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Why though?

Can't you just go to the weed store?
Growing it yourself is usually cheaper over the long run and the quality can be better but neither of those generalizations is always true. It has been my experience that when it comes to anything plant related peoples expectations are always to high. Most people do not have the patience to really learn what it takes to grow anything properly. They always under estimate the amount of equipment, time, cultural practices, and general understanding that it takes to really grow a crop to its fullest potential.

Reactions: KMFJD and Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Growing it yourself is usually cheaper over the long run and the quality can be better but neither of those generalizations is always true. It has been my experience that when it comes to anything plant related peoples expectations are always to high. Most people do not have the patience to really learn what it takes to grow anything properly. They always under estimate the amount of equipment, time, cultural practices, and general understanding that it takes to really grow a crop to its fullest potential.

I totallly agree. It's more of a hobby to me. I'm not a huge pot smoker.

Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I totallly agree. It's more of a hobby to me. I'm not a huge pot smoker.
Good luck with your new hobby. Just remember to keep your expectations in check. Don't expect the buds to be dense and seedless with lots of crystals and hairs from your first harvest.
What type of lighting are you using MH or LED? What soil medium and ferts are you going to use?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
LED is cheaper to purchase and cheaper to run. Not to mention a lot cooler the MH.