Grounded

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I tried this game about 2 years ago when it first went into game preview. It was rough then, but had good bones. I played it for a few days then put it down as there wasn't really enough in it to keep my interest. Well 2 years later and the game finally has a full release. My son started playing this about a month before release after his friends talked about it. He has been going through the game co-op with them.

I gave it a try myself. Quite fun, but wow, it can be punishing. At the default difficulty level I found myself dying quite a bit and running away A LOT. it is easy to get yourself in trouble. Reminds me of Minecraft in this respect.
If you enjoy survival games this is quite good. There is a lot to do. There are a ton of options in crafting and building very early with a pretty large build tree.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
This sounds familiar. Is this one of the Obsidian games that got an injection of cash with the MS purchase?

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
This sounds familiar. Is this one of the Obsidian games that got an injection of cash with the MS purchase?

Yeah. It was a small team of about 12 i think that worked on it while the rest of the team worked on Outer Worlds.