GRIPPING, CAPTIVATING........amazing.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey all,

I was doing some work last night and OZ was on HBO. Well, when it went off, "The Corner" came on. I didn't have any idea what it was, but I was kinda busy, so I didn't bother to change it. It lasted a long time, and by the end of it, I was pretty interested. Good thing, because it came on again. --And AGAIN.... By the third time, I caught the fact that it's a miniseries. By the 5th time, I caught the fact that it was a 6-part miniseries. And I watched the WHOLE THING, start to finish. Of course, I should have been sleeping, and I will wish I had later on today, but I have to tell you, if you haven't seen it yet, MAKE A POINT to catch all you can of it. Catch it on tape sometime when it plays all at once, or somehow try to watch it. You won't be sorry. It's a sort of "pseudo-documentary" the way it's filmed, about life on "the corner" in a run-down slum in Baltimore. It's all based on true stories, and it focuses on a main character, a young kid (15 at the beginning) who starts dealing drugs. It starts with him, but branches off to the stories of his mother, his father, and the people that they have gotten involved in with every way (mostly in being dope fiends) through their lives. It takes you to the lowest of lows, but all the while, everyone is trying to make better for themselves. --But hardly anyone is making it happen. It was very powerful, and really got me involved, and then at the end, the real-life people from the story (those who are still alive and well) talked for a bit. I expect some pretty heavy award recognition for this one.

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm pretty sure it is, yes. But, like all other HBO originals, it will be available for rent'sale at some point, if not already. I think it's new though. Run time = 6 hours? Long, but AMAZING miniseries.

Ricky
DesignDawg

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
most of HBO's shows are incredible. OZ, Sopranos, Sex in the City, are all quality shows (even if SITC is ment for women, its still funny)