Grill Masters: Recommend me a grill

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
While I appreciate the smoker, grill me a steak in 30 minutes start to ready to eat.

You can't do it.

Sure I can, that is why I have this little grill. I found it on the side of the road, let it sit there for 2 days before I picked it up and brought it home.

Bar-b-q&

Last edited:

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
While I appreciate the smoker, grill me a steak in 30 minutes start to ready to eat.

You can't do it.

i don't eat much of any kinds of meat besides bacon/sausage that can cook in that short of time cause thats just flat out a waste of meat.
If i'm gonna have steaks and burgers, i'm gonna actually have steaks and burgers, not cardboard that requires rubs and marinades for flavor with the meat just being a filler.D:

If you want fast meats, go to McDonalds or buy a HungryMan TV dinner. lol
Thats what i do during the work week. But i never waste money on meats just to George Forman the stupid things which is what you might as well do if you going Gas.

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Checked out the Weber E320, really nice. I think I'll get that....Wonder if Sears will have that on sale for $450 again.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Your asking for Grill Masters to recommend a Gas Grill?
Real masters use coal/wood, not gas.

im only half ashamed to say it....but sams club has one hell of a setup for $350 that gets you a sear burner, a triple burner gas rig, a charcoal grill with elevator, and a smoke box.

/not sure how long its going to last, but my and my friends can cook one hell of a meal on that fucking thing.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
im only half ashamed to say it....but sams club has one hell of a setup for $350 that gets you a sear burner, a triple burner gas rig, a charcoal grill with elevator, and a smoke box.

/not sure how long its going to last, but my and my friends can cook one hell of a meal on that fucking thing.

A true grill master has both and knows how to use them.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
my steaks i did friday night

I dont know which one impresses me more, how good those steaks look, or that someone can afford to buy meat that like anymore.

My wife and I went to the local super wal-mart sunday morning, and pork chops were something like $3.25 a pound. Pork chops used to be cheap, real cheap.

Labor day is in 2 weeks, and its going to cost me a small fortune to throw a cookout.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I bought a $93 2 burner charbroil last year from Walmart with a $50 giftcard so it was like getting it for $43 since I buy groceries at Walmart all the time...

I grill out all the time at my house and feed 20 or so people with that grill. It does get a little tight when trying to manage burger rotation for that many people...but for what I paid and for how long those grills typically last (if left in the elements or moved around a lot), I figure I can afford to get a Weber propane grill next time... :D

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Too thin and not enough browning. But it will do. They're over cooked.

1.5 inches is too thin???? its just right for me and gives me more steak for the summer. medium rare is not even close to being over cooked. the insides were very pink juicy and beyond delicious.

Last edited:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I dont know which one impresses me more, how good those steaks look, or that someone can afford to buy meat that like anymore.

My wife and I went to the local super wal-mart sunday morning, and pork chops were something like $3.25 a pound. Pork chops used to be cheap, real cheap.

Labor day is in 2 weeks, and its going to cost me a small fortune to throw a cookout.

I buy my meat from a local cattle company, all are grass fed and after slaughter the meat is aged 5-7 weeks and cut to my preferences. the last 1/2 cow i bought was in April, my half was just over 500 pounds and it cost me $2.85 per pound. so there is about $15.00 of meat on the grill. if they were supermarket steaks it would be well over $40.00

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
my best recommendation will be to wait till a weber grill goes on sale. I picked up a weber genesis e310 last year and it's the best damn thing ever. and get a cover for it