Grey goo

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
Jusat watched Totalbuscuits review of this and decided to pick it up.

Reminds me a little of the old C+C games, will report back when I have palyed a little.

On a side note I generally play this type of game solo or against friends and don't go in for the whole PvP ladder stuff but I might give this one a try and see how it goes.

Link to Totalbuscuits review (or first impression as he likes to call it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ELug2mPc0

psychosiz

Jan 8, 2015
Saw this on Steam a few days ago. Seems to be very strong liking for those who like the Command and Conquer older genre as mentioned above. I saw that comment several times in the reviews I read. This may be something I picked up down the road foe a couple of bucks.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
the last campaign mission on hard is impossible... They attack continuously with more than you can defend against and that's before the epic units come

it's definitely a C&C game

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
The ridiculous name of the game won't help sales.When I saw the advertising banners i assumed it was some quirky indie game.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Anyone reminded of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within by the Grey Goo trailer?

It interests me but the comparisons to C&C and Sup Com completely turn me away, as does the price tag.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
are we talking C&C 95 good, or C&C Kane's Whatever bad?looks nice from the video.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
The ridiculous name of the game won't help sales.When I saw the advertising banners i assumed it was some quirky indie game.

Completely agree, they spent all that time and effort to make a really polished game and it seems they decided on the name whilst they were drunk.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
are we talking C&C 95 good, or C&C Kane's Whatever bad?looks nice from the video.

C+C 95, The cutscenes and acting are top notch, really let down my the campain though, 5 missions for each faction which are just really strung out tutorials. They could have done so much more.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
10 missions? for how much ? FIFTY DOLLAH ?!?!?

you gotta be kiddin me. it better have the bestest PvP ever made.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
would love to see RTS games return to the old C&C style. I don't care for most modern RTS games these days.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, thought I was going to get a cool little indie game where I controlled a grey blob. Disappoint. :(

KT

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
It's 3 factions. So 15 missions I guess...

Correct.

They really missed the boat here, they went down the "nobody plays single player anymore" route and turned the scenario into an reaaaaaaaaaly dwarn out tutorial. The cutscenes and acting are aswesome, they could have done so much more.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
Correct.

They really missed the boat here, they went down the "nobody plays single player anymore" route and turned the scenario into an reaaaaaaaaaly dwarn out tutorial. The cutscenes and acting are aswesome, they could have done so much more.

It's the most difficult RTS campaign I've played and I've played most. I've pretty much given up on the last mission on hard. The first mission or 2 for each faction are tutorial/easy but they ramp up a lot. I had very little problem beating wings of liberty on brutal and found HoTS too easy but this grey goo is just ridiculous on the last mission

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007