Greenhouse effect observed, why it is minimal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Citation:
Observation: 0.2 Watts per square meter per decade
Hansen: 0.58 Watts per square meter from 2005-2010
IPCC AR5: Equilibrium climate sensitivity is likely in the range 1.5°C to 4.5°C

Direct measurement of warming is roughly 1/5th of expected.
IPCC expects 3C per doubling of CO2.
1/5th of that is 0.6C.
A change from 300ppm to 400ppm is 1/3rd of a doubling, or 0.2C.

Conclusion:
Therefore, since 1950, human CO2 emissions have increased global temperature by roughly 0.2C. To approach 2C of warming, CO2 would need to double three times. To 600, 1,200, and finally reach over 2,400ppm. With sensible policy there should be no expectation of surpassing 2,000ppm.

I stand in opposition by claiming much of what advocates profess has been exaggerated. I believe Climate Sensitivity is roughly 0.6C and therefore we can take our time in addressing it with sensible policy.

LOL those links you provided don't say what you think they say. You just seem to assume that because they are both in square meter that they are directly comparable and attempting to measure the same thing.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Hope your tin foil hats havent been burnt up by all this global warming we are getting, it was in the low 20's this morning!

This is intentionally satirical right? I always thought people saying this kind of stuff was just made up (e.g. it's cold today where I am = no global warming).

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
But China promised that it would stop increasing its greenhouse gas output within 20 years! Its time to shut down all factories in the US and move them to China! They want to save the planet!!!

Anyone who denies that climate global change warming isn't a for-profit ideology is the true denier.

LOL, look at this stupid mother fucker.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I'm sick of hearing about this crap. I hope the climate goes absolutely bonkers, and very soon. We could use some excitement around here. Imagine how badass it would be if all the glaciers just melted in like 5 years? AWESOME SAUCE!

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
lol, bringing reason and fact to a climate debate.

Hope your tin foil hats havent been burnt up by all this global warming we are getting, it was in the low 20's this morning!

Said the frog sitting in the cooking pot slowly heating up on the stove?