Green Frozen screen in Vista 64 MC

nitro918

Oct 4, 2008
I have installed Vista x64 with SP1 and have the lastest updates for it. When I run MCE, I try to watch coax cable into my ATI Theatre 650 Pro PCI. There are times when my monitor will cease outputting the video and turn to a greenish/black screen with no sound (appears my machine freezes). This does not happen at the same time everytime. I only have 2GB RAM installed so it shouldn't be like a Hauppage problem.

The video card I have is an EVGA 7800GTX (Latest Vista 64 driver), Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS (latest Vista 64 driver), Theatre 650 Pro (Latest Vista 64 driver. I have the Klite codec 330F pack installed.

I also have some short freeze time in Vista when doing trivial stuff, playing music or videos. It hangs about three times but doesn't BSOD or restart, just temp hangs.

The green/black screen occurs in RAID 0 on my 74GB Raptors and on a single Raptor. I have gone from Catalyst 8.9 to 8.6 since I installed 8.9 first when I configured the OS. Figured maybe ATI changed something in the newer driver...but no luck.

Anyone suffer the same green screen with an ATI Theatre Pro 650 on Vista Ultimate x64 SP1.