Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" reminds me of a Beatles song.

dannybek2

Apr 12, 2005
For some reason the tune of the song, Wake Me Up When September Ends reminds me of a Beatles song. Can you help me out?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: fiasco
For some reason the tune of the song, Wake Me Up When September Ends reminds me of a Beatles song. Can you help me out?

I'm not familiar with 'Can you help me out'...maybe you could sing the chorus for me to help jog my memory?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I just queued up that song, and I'm not hearing which Beatles song you're thinking of.

dannybek2

Apr 12, 2005
It's not really the lyrics that are the same par se, but some parts of the song just remind me of a song from the Beatles.

secretsamples

Dec 3, 2021
I know I'm 16 years late, but it is the song Two of Us from the Beatles' Let It Be LP. Was just listening to the new Let It Be 2021 Mix and thought, hm this reminds me of a hit from the early 2000s. So Wake Me Up When September Ends came to my mind when I hummed just the melody bit that begins at 1:30 in Two of Us. Then I googled Wake Me Up and Beatles and found this thread. : D Hilarious

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I know I'm 16 years late, but it is the song Two of Us from the Beatles' Let It Be LP. Was just listening to the new Let It Be 2021 Mix and thought, hm this reminds me of a hit from the early 2000s. So Wake Me Up When September Ends came to my mind when I hummed just the melody bit that begins at 1:30 in Two of Us. Then I googled Wake Me Up and Beatles and found this thread. : D Hilarious

We need a "Turing-test" for these posts. :rolleyes:

Wonder when the last actual human being joined here to post? (prior to the Geekbabe Gofundme thread that is!)