Greed special on ABC

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005
I'm enjoying watching it, good show. Interesting points being made. Greed is good.....to a point.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
"Would it be nice if Wal-Mart workers all made $100,000 a year? Sure. It would also be nice if the rivers were filled with lemonade and every kid had a puppy dog and a lollipop," said Lindsey. "In reality, we have trade-offs ? It's easy for people who have plenty to say 'oh, I'd be willing to pay a few cents more,' but for people who are struggling to make ends meet, Wal-Mart is their best friend."

Wait a minute, what family can't afford a few cents more? Who the fsck goes to the store with $17.58 and plans to spend exactly that much? Who can't afford to spend $17.61?

Also, a change of a few cents in pricing would help Wal-Mart workers make a little extra to bring them closer to making ends meat. In the end, I think this would encourage more people to shop there because there is a lot of consumer protest over their poor treatment of employees. Wal-Mart is hurting itself in the longrun by maintaining a greed policy.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Man... I loved that movie. They really should have used a bigger snippet of that clip in their intro. :)