greatest movie you've never seen?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
probably a repost, but I decided that I should watch every movie in the imdb T250 (at least all the ones available via Netflix).

I copy 'n pasted the list into excel to flag the ones that I've already seen, and some of these supposedly great movies that I've never never gotten around to watching amaze me.

greatest movie I've never seen has gotta be the #1 film of all time according to imdb, The Godfather. :eek: I've seen probably every other mob movie or tv series out there, but I've never seen any of the Godfathers.

hopefully I'll be changing that this weekend, though. I was in Target earlier today and I snagged the Godfather box set so I could sit down and watch them.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I've never seen Godfather either, though the game is amazing.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481

greatest movie I've never seen has gotta be the #1 film of all time according to imdb, The Godfather. :eek: I've seen probably every other mob movie or tv series out there, but I've never seen any of the Godfathers.

Wow, just wow....

have to think about it

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Nitemare

Wow, just wow....

have to think about it

I've never seen any of the Rockies either ;)

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Quintox
I've never seen Godfather either, though the game is amazing.

Seriously? You guys that haven't seen it really need to watch one and two, stat. But do yourselves a favor and pass and three... *shudder*

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Well now, how can I know what the best movie I've never seen is, until I see it?

I don't care if other people liked a movie...doesn't mean I wouldn't hate it.

In other words, I have no answer to this question.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare

Wow, just wow....

have to think about it

I've never seen any of the Rockies either ;)

lol Stallone couldn't hold Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, or Robert Duvall's jock strap. I'll forgive you on that one.

Oct 4, 2004
Popular movies I haven't seen:

Apocalypse Now
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Indiana Jones Movies
The Monty Python Movies

(At least the movies I want to see, I can live without seeing most of the 40s, 50s and 60s classics.)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
My taste is non-mainstream, but the greatest to me(most enjoyable to watch and re-watch)
Goonies
The Fugitive
The Boondock Saints
Gladiator
Full Metal Jacket

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: yamadakun
if you are going by the imdb list, then it is 12 Angry Men.

Go watch 12 Angry Men. It is a great, great movie.

And for those who haven't seen The Godfather or The Godfather Part II, stop what you are doing right now and take the time to watch them. You are doing yourself a disservice by not having seen them.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
out of the top 20 in the IMDB 250 list, i've never seen:
The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Casablanca
Shichinin no samurai
12 Angry Men
Rear Window
Goodfellas
Cidade de Deus
Raiders of the Lost Ark
C'era una volta il West
The Usual Suspects

i am thinking about watching the Godfathers, but the rest doesn't interest me that much. Any of these worth watching as in really good? Some of the movies that were supposed to be good (I am Legend for example) really disappointed me.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
The Godfather
Casablanca
Shichinin no samurai
12 Angry Men
Rear Window
Goodfellas
Cidade de Deus
Raiders of the Lost Ark
C'era una volta il West
The Usual Suspects

i am thinking about watching the Godfathers, but the rest doesn't interest me that much. Any of these worth watching as in really good? Some of the movies that were supposed to be good (I am Legend for example) really disappointed me.

12 Angry Men is certainly worth watching. I love that movie. Very interesting and powerful.

Casablanca gets a big "meh" from me.

Rear Window / Goodfellas / Raiders / Usual Suspects are all worth your time. I dont now about the others.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
That list isn't a list of the top 250 movies as selected by users of IMDB it's the movies listed according to their IMDB score given by users. There's quite a difference. Thousands of people may rate Star Wars very highly because it's a classic of it's time and genre but that doesn't mean that if they were asked to compile a list of the best movies of all time that they would also rate it very highly. I don't think many professional movie critics would have The lord of the rings, The Shawshank Redemption, and Staw Wars in the top 15 movies of all time. I'm not saying the list is meaningless though, some of those films due deserve to be up there!

Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Locut0s
That list isn't a list of the top 250 movies as selected by users of IMDB it's the movies listed according to their IMDB score given by users. There's quite a difference. Thousands of people may rate Star Wars very highly because it's a classic of it's time and genre but that doesn't mean that if they were asked to compile a list of the best movies of all time that they would also rate it very highly. I don't think many professional movie critics would have The lord of the rings, The Shawshank Redemption, and Staw Wars in the top 15 movies of all time. I'm not saying the list is meaningless though, some of those films due deserve to be up there!

The ordering is messed up but I would guess at least 75% of the movies would be on that list anyway - just at different positions on the chart.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Originally posted by: Locut0s

The ordering is messed up but I would guess at least 75% of the movies would be on that list anyway - just at different positions on the chart.

That's essentially what I was saying.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
The Godfather
Casablanca
Shichinin no samurai
12 Angry Men
Rear Window
Goodfellas
Cidade de Deus
Raiders of the Lost Ark
C'era una volta il West
The Usual Suspects

Raiders of the Lost Ark was pretty fricken awesome.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
probably a repost, but I decided that I should watch every movie in the imdb T250 (at least all the ones available via Netflix).

I copy 'n pasted the list into excel to flag the ones that I've already seen, and some of these supposedly great movies that I've never never gotten around to watching amaze me.

hopefully I'll be changing that this weekend, though. I was in Target earlier today and I snagged the Godfather box set so I could sit down and watch them.

Don't watch Godfather III. Just stop at the end of II and pretend III never existed. It's terrible, I mean TERRIBLE and should be disposed of immediately.

As for me I'd have to go with...Casablanca. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Godfather
Rocky IV
The Usual Suspects
The Shawshank Redemption
The Departed
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
The Boondock Saints
Saving Private Ryan

Mo0o