Great Star Wars EP 1 quote.

Desslok

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
<DIV>"I'll never forget seeing Phantom Menace in the theater that first day it was out. The theater was packed, everyone had been waiting forever for this...

Man, those first couple of minutes sure were happy times. Awesome Jedis kicking ass. It looked like we were all in for some good times.

Then Jar-Jar showed up. You could almost feel the confusion in the theater. What the hell was going on? If only he would go away. And he never went away. It was a hard thing to accept.

Then that kid showed up. I hate that kid. (Whatever happened to that kid? Is he in hiding?) Then the kid went around, and around, and around, and around in that pod race nonsense. It was like a CG Hanna-Barbara cartoon that lasted too long. And there were no stars or wars anywhere.

By the time we all left the theater, I think we all felt older somehow than when we entered."
</DIV>

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
What's with these HTML tags showing up in so many posts lately? Is the WYSIWYG editor barfing or something?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
ahhh, that was a great time...the suspense leading up to the release of Ep. I was simply amazing. Nothing like it for me...senior year in high school, skipped school to catch the midnight showing (and then proceeded to sleep and then go back for a few more ;)).

No matter what, I still have the books :p

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
I will not condone a course of action that will lead to war.

Will I ever see you again?
What does your heart tell you?

Oh man the preview for that movie had so many good quotes! Anyone know that yoda one about hate leading to suffering? thats my fave

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I still think that the pod race scene was awesome. Something being "Star Wars" doesn't mean that there must be a lightsaber battle 100% of the time.

Jar-Jar does suck though... did anyone else acquire The Phantom Edit? Some person edited out all of Jar-Jar's crappy dialog and put in some alien sounding language with subtitles that made him sound wise. It made Jar-Jar much better of a character. Lucas was PISSED though.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Originally posted by: So
What's with these HTML tags showing up in so many posts lately? Is the WYSIWYG editor barfing or something?

people don't know how to hit the preview button when they're unsure.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Jar-Jar does suck though... did anyone else acquire The Phantom Edit? Some person edited out all of Jar-Jar's crappy dialog and put in some alien sounding language with subtitles that made him sound wise. It made Jar-Jar much better of a character. Lucas was PISSED though.

I never got around to getting a copy until it was too late. The court order stopped the editors from making money off of it. I heard that Curious George was pist because these guys were actually selling it, not distributing it freely ala "troops"