Great, my eyefinity setup gets me nauseous

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
I have discovered an unfortunate side effect of having an eyefinity setup: I get motion sickeness playing some games. It gets so bad sometimes, I actually am thinking about going back to a single monitor. This sucks.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
If that's you in your avatar, just reach up and beat the shit out of it! Make it obey!

Just kidding, but you'll not get much sympathy on that one. It's one of those nasty side effects worth getting use to. I plopped a 40" 1080p on my desk a year ago and was initially overwhelmed, but walking away from each gaming session with a smile on my face forced the adjustment!

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
If that's you in your avatar, just reach up and beat the shit out of it! Make it obey!

Just kidding, but you'll not get much sympathy on that one. It's one of those nasty side effects worth getting use to. I plopped a 40" 1080p on my desk a year ago and was initially overwhelmed, but walking away from each gaming session with a smile on my face forced the adjustment!

Ive had my setup now since November. Its weird that only certain games make me sick. Right now Farcry 2 is the culprit. Dirt 2 doesnt make me sick. COD5 didnt make me sick.

Dec 30, 2004
Ive had my setup now since November. Its weird that only certain games make me sick. Right now Farcry 2 is the culprit. Dirt 2 doesnt make me sick. COD5 didnt make me sick.

it's unlikely racing games would make people sick.

davidrees

Mar 28, 2002
My advice is to play through it.

This has happened to me a few times - first when I played Doom, then when I played Descent.

Your brain will probably get used to it in time.

ZimZum

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001
I get motion sickness from certain FPS but not others. Seems almost random. Its definitely worse when I game on consoles though.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
are you using widescreen fixer? try changing the camera field of view. sometime too much or too little view causes nausea.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Your field of view in the games are probably not set right. You probably need to increase it, I'm not too sure how game engines scale it properly with eyfinity.

As an example I never got further than 30 min into Bioshock until last week when I learned how to change the game's FOV (it was choosing 75 or some insanely low value for widescreen rather than 85 or 90). I've had the game for 2 years now and I'm finally able to play it as long as I want!

Maybe also try angling or altering the angle of your side monitors (so they surround you). Having them all straight might make you sick.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, I've tested Eyefinity, and both FC2 and Call of Duty: MW2 need a widescreen fix, or the FoV is completely f-ed up. I have both files on my pc at work, but googling it should do the trick.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
The only game that ever gave me a problem was Stalker SoC. The head bob was just too much.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
are you using widescreen fixer? try changing the camera field of view. sometime too much or too little view causes nausea.

Farcry 2 naturally supports Eyefinity, or so Im lead to believe. I used widescreen fixer when I played COD5.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
Managed to snag a Dell 3008 for $800 shipped. Im going to give that a try.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Farcry 2 naturally supports Eyefinity, or so Im lead to believe. I used widescreen fixer when I played COD5.

I think you're lead to believe falsely. FC2 had FoV-issues when it first came out. With the ultra-widescreen-mode you get with Eyefinity, the FoV-issue only increases.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
its the FOV being out of sync with how it should look that will make you sick

I got a FOV fixer for Farcry 2 & Ill give that a try. I also have a Dell 3008 on the way & Ill try a single large monitor setup as well.