Great job S.o.B team ! We are now #3 !

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
Sorry confused if I'm stepping on you feet here but I thought I mention the Team Anandtech has moved up one place to #3 ! I can almost taste the #1 spot, lets step it up guys.:D

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Cool! Can we manage two #1s by the New Year? TeAm D2OL is gunning hard for the Cows! If we make it I'm going to brave the cold Vermont New Year's eve and cook up some steak! :)

Geoff

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
1 TeamPrimeRib 20.02 T 241.8 days
2 Michigan 7.45 T 261.2 days
3 Anandtech 4.77 T 233.6 days

Woohoo! I just wish I could give you guys some more power but I am helpin D2OL get to #1 at the moment.

EvilWobbles

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2001
We would need a huge amount of new members and some with serious firepower!

What we need to be more worried about is holding onto the #3 position.

TeamBEOS is hot on our tail!

Whilden

Dec 18, 2002
I would love to see a battle for SOB, us TPR members get a bit annoyed that no other large DC teams crunch the other large Prime DC project (Prime95).

Anyways the stats at SOB are yummmyum and its good to see you guys/gals here ...

12.25 M cEMs/sec - TPR Current Rate
2.359 M cEMs/sec - Your Current Rate

So how about you guys start doing 20.00 M cEMs/Sec and force us to play our a hand a bit

Crunch On

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
good job you SOB's! ;)

i am redoing my home servers, as soon as i get the w2k server backup i will add a second SOB cruncher with it

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Whilden
I would love to see a battle for SOB, us TPR members get a bit annoyed that no other large DC teams crunch the other large Prime DC project (Prime95).

Anyways the stats at SOB are yummmyum and its good to see you guys/gals here ...

12.25 M cEMs/sec - TPR Current Rate
2.359 M cEMs/sec - Your Current Rate

So how about you guys start doing 20.00 M cEMs/Sec and force us to play our a hand a bit

Crunch On

Welcome to the forum. :)

Most people around here are not really into the mathematical DC projects... Personally I love math/statistics. (don't like to learn it thought) And I find this very interesting.

Team Anandtech SB is starting to come alive now. :) We have daily stats and member are starting to crank up there output. :)

Tetsuo316

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
our TeAm has really stepped it up in the last two months. just look at the graph for cryin' out loud. we only have 30 members, too - 12 of whom weren't active yesterday. that's 18 active members that put our TeAm into the number 3 spot for the day. that's AWESOME! just imagine what our team could do with some more active members. i think that team BeOS would definitely not be a threat.

those are just my thoughts. for what they're worth.

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
great! Not bad... and that with 18-30 members! It would be probably no problem at all if we would get a few members (great would be the whole Seti team... but then again I think there might be some troubles with SoB's servers etc. ;) ) to switch just until end of this year... thats 2 more weeks... Lets say 100 members switch... wouldn't that kick the TeAm to #1? Btw. we could need a few more members for D2OL too to get #1 by 2002. If we've done that before 2003 I'll give the last few days of my CPU time to SoB :)

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yep! My offer to return any CPU time that is donated to the D2OL cause to tip the cows by New Year's still stands! I've already got the SoB client on all my machines if there is an outage in D2OL :)

Geoff

Whilden

Dec 18, 2002
RemyCanad

Thanks for the welcome! I prefer math DC projects because they have better clients. The prime95 client is by far the best out there, you cant beat auto running as a service during installation. Anyways looking at the teams it appears that if there will be any competition at the top it will need to be you guys.

I currently have about 7 machines crucnhing, with prime95 running background. I have few more if needed. ;) Stop by our forum some time and say "Hi". Just ask Fobot we dont bite! :)

Tetsuo316

I am not sure if you post was directed at me and whether that was anger or not, but take a looky here and you will see the TPR growth chart is very similiar to yours, its just 5x or so. Anyways in any project it gets boring at the top and I hope you guys continue to ramp.

TNOguy

Jan 5, 2002
Congratulations TA, you SOB guys! :) :D ;)

We at TNO just started a SOB team a few days ago, and we're moving up so watch out! lol
rolleye.gif
:D

TNOguy

SlangNRox

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TNOguy
Congratulations TA, you SOB guys! :) :D ;)

We at TNO just started a SOB team a few days ago, and we're moving up so watch out! lol
rolleye.gif
:D

TNOguy

The more people working on it, the faster we can finish. Good luck. More competition is always welcome. It makes everyone work harder.

CrazySaint

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
I wish I had some spare computing power to throw at SoB, I do like the project, but I'm throwing everything I've got at the DF ATWE race right now. Once the race is over, I may consider doing SoB one day a week or something. Btw, did they ever fix the issues with the Linux client?

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: CrazySaint
I wish I had some spare computing power to throw at SoB, I do like the project, but I'm throwing everything I've got at the DF ATWE race right now. Once the race is over, I may consider doing SoB one day a week or something. Btw, did they ever fix the issues with the Linux client?

As far as I know.. I have been running it and havent had it lockup yet...

CrazySaint

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Hmm...I'll give some thought to switching the 350 over to SoB then, at least in another week or so when I've extended my lead over 14th place a bit more (lol). Hopefully, it'll be enough to keep me in the top 10 a while longer ;)

SlangNRox

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you plan to run SOB once a week, be aware that the work units are reissued if theres no communication between the client and server for 5 days. Running it every 4th day would be better because of this :)

imported_CyberWire

Apr 26, 2000
P4's are godlike in SOB. They really perform better than any other processor. I'm still working on getting those office machines full time sob... right now they are running rc5-72 because its easy to insatll as a service. but they suck at rc5.. any p4's you guys have will be a major asset to the team.

SlangNRox

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wierd. I found the p4 1.7ghz to be only about 20k faster than my p3 1.08 ghz. 75,000 vs 55,000 with a similar n value. This is much better than the equal keyrates they got in rc5-72. Too bad the p3 couldn't scale to p4 like mhz. those would be great for rc5.

I guess the fairly recent speed improvements have helped the p4 alot. supposed to be a 2x increase in p4 speeds compared to a 20-30% (i think) increase in p3 and athlon.

WarriorX

Oct 9, 1999
Hmm... my Asus A7N8X Deluxe w/ AXP 1700+ is getting about 110,000 cEMs/sec at the moment. Now tell me how P4 is better?
That's what I thought. ;)

I am crunching away at about 400,000 cEMs/sec total atm.