Great games i Missed out

trinislacker

Jun 10, 2007
The last game i played was Dues EX after that my PC couldn't really handle games at max graphics so i was a bit out of it.

Today i Am Building another rig i would like to play the games i missed out on these arewhat i could gather so far

EDIT: List Updated and Tiered

A List

Battlefield Series
F.E.A.R.
Half-Life 2 Series
Need for Speed Series
Hitman Series
Prey
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Company of Heroes
Command & Conquer Series
Supreme Commander
Call of Duty Series
Warcraft series
Unreal Tournament Series
Bioshock
Crysis
World of Conflict
Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
The Witcher
Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic
Grand Theft Auto Series
GRAW
NeverwinterNights 2
Orange Box
Call of Juarez
Starcraft
Max Payne Series
Titans Quest + Exp
Baldurs Gate
Warhammer: Dawn of War

B List

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Farcry
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Halo
X3: Reunion
Resident Evil 4
Arcanum: Of Steam and Magicka
Metal Gears Solid 2: Substance
Diablo 2
Serious Sam II
Chronicles of Riddick
Medal of Honor Allied Assualt
Painkiller
Sims 2
Rome Total War
System Shock 2
Mafia
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Hellgate London
Homeworld
Cataclysm
Freelancer
Freespace
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Gun
Splinter Cell series
Soldier of Fortune 2
Operation Flashpoint
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

The A and B list is just games i Must play and games i should play

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I don't think you need to add anything else... the list is long enough.

Fadardo

Jun 10, 2007
Arcanum: Of Steam and Magicka

Metal Gears Solid 2: Substance for WinXP

Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic

Diablo 2

trinislacker

Jun 10, 2007
I know its a bit long but i have 6 months vacation to catch up and the list seems short for that level of spare time ..

I'm more interested in the older games as those would be at a better price

like farcry...free..

trinislacker

Jun 10, 2007
Diablo 2 and Dues Ex 2 did they live up to the Predecessors ?
cause those where two pretty damn good games.
Deus Ex has a special place in my heart as the best i have ever played

P.S.: when i say older games i'm referring to anything before Bioshock

Fadardo

Jun 10, 2007
Deus Ex failed expectations on so many levels. If I were to give Deus Ex 95%, I'd give Deus Ex 2 a 75%. Its a half decent game but definetly not top shelf material.

Billyzeke

Jul 7, 2006
Deus Ex Invisible War was the worst game Ive ever tried to play. Shameful really compared to the original.

I would add : Serious Sam II.
Grand Theft Auto III - Vice City - San Andreas
Chronicles of Riddick
Medal of Honor Allied Assualt
Painkiller

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Hellgate London
Homeworld 1, Cataclysm & 2
Freelancer
Freespace 1 & 2
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade
Star Wars: Republic Commando

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
If you like the Diablo franchise, you should definitely check out Titans Quest with the expansion Immortal Throne. Highly recommend playing all of it with IT installed as it adds a bunch of new features to the existing Acts along with a massive 4th Act. Its basically Diablo 3: Lord of Antiquity, it just doesn't have a centralized character/item vault like Battle.net. Still a relatively new title (with matching visuals), but you can get both in a combo for @$30 or individually for that much with some specials.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Operation Flashpoint if you like insane military realism through simulation, I played the game 6 years straight and bought newer games all of the time but always always always returned to Ofp.

bullbert

May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: trinislacker
X3: Reunion
I had totally missed the entire X series, until a $4 gogamer 48 hour sale on X3:Reunion this summer. Boo game company marketing! Yea gogamer!

Originally posted by: trinislacker
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
If you like this type of game genre, play The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Old dated graphics, but much much much better gameplay. This was before Beth had dumbed down the game for the console click monkeys.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
i'd take Lost Planet and RE-4 *off* the list and *add* Call of Juarez and [especially] Hellgate:London :p

no, don't add hellgate, unless you like to be bored to death.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I'd make a 'A' tier and a 'B' tier. Even though 6 months is a while, you have missed out on a huge huge amount of games so I'd want to make sure to at least play some of the real hits before spending time and money on games that are good, but don't necessarily offer much over the rest.

Also, you never know, but you might start playing WoW and soon 6 months is over and you haven't touched much else! I'd avoid it altogether! You could probably get a 10 day trial from someone for free, or I know they sell a trial disc for a few bucks.

Personally, I would remove Prey, Lost Planet, and possible Resident Evil 4 from the list. And Halo definitely doesn't offer anything against other PC shooters, so I wouldn't bother with that. They are decent games, but you've missed so many that are much better. Or again, I'd put them on the 'B' list. Well actually RE4 belongs way way up there, but the PC port is pretty bad so I'd try playing that on the PS2 or Gamecube.

I don't know what C&C games you have played, but I really didn't like Generals, but C&C3 is excellent. Same with Hitman. Pretty good series overall, but not a whole lot of difference, so I would just play one or two from the series, presumably the best two are the second one (Silent Assassin) and the fourth one (Blood Money).

Here's my list of ones you should definitely play:

Half-life 2 + episodes
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Crysis
C&C 3
Company of Heroes
Oblivion
STALKER
One WW2 shooter ought to be enough, either COD2, MoH Airborne, or a Medal of Honor game if you don't mind older ones
Civilization 4 (turn-based strat)

You should also suggest what genres you are most interested in or what games you have really enjoyed. Also, whether you intend to play single player campaigns or multiplayer. Because for example, BF2 can be a ton of fun online, but is pointless to buy to play against bots. UT games have generally been excellent, but again it is mainly for multiplayer.

In addition to RE4, some are better on the console IMO. GTA San Andreas, Jade Empire, Fable, racing games in general, etc. Splinter Cell is generally awesome, but I like it on the Xbox more.

Oh, and just wanted to add that Crysis is phenomenal. I don't think I've enjoyed a FPS campaign as much as Crysis in a long time. I really really like HL2 and the episodes, but the freedom and variety offered by Crysis is huge.

trinislacker

Jun 10, 2007
I wouldn't have to worry about online gaming seeing that my fastest internet connection would be below dial up

Would definitely consider Tiering the list

were there any newer good Age of Empires games?played age of mythology wasn't a have bad strategy game