GREAT: Bush's Latest Appearance in NYC (reminiscent of Churchill in London)

FrysInsider

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
I just saw Bush address the safety workers in lower Manhattan today. I must say that it was a great address. You might know that I am no fan of Bush, but his presense there was simply GREAT. Reminds me of Chrurchhill

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
"...the people who knocked these buildings down will hear us soon'

A quote from Bush's speech in NYC.

It was awesome.

BrintonAA

Jul 6, 2001
I gotta find this video, maybe it will change my opinion of him, however, I doubt he is the next Churchill

BrintonAA

Jul 6, 2001
Bush always did have a niche for hitting the emotional side of the public, too bad he is so dumb...

ShadowHunter

Banned
Aug 27, 2001

<< Bush always did have a niche for hitting the emotional side of the public, too bad he is so dumb... >>

That was a little uncalled for. Just cause you don't agree with him and watch a lot of SNL, doesn't mean you can waltz in here and insult him for no reason.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
I believe Brinton stereotypes Bush because it's just too hard to think for himself.

Jul 1, 2000
Bush is quite intelligent. You don't get an advanced degree from Harvard by being dumb.

You don't become president by being dumb.

If you are even thinking about coming back with one of those - "His rich daddy bought it" retorts, Al Gore's dad couldn't buy his son a divinity or law degree from Vanderbilt University. Gore dropped out of both of those programs.

777joee

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
At least with Bush I feel that he won't have to bomb an asprin factory to take the heat of of himself. Anybody think that this is a retaliation for that?

Could be..........:|:Q:|:Q:|:Q:|:Q:|

Zwingle

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001

<< Bush is quite intelligent. You don't get an advanced degree from Harvard by being dumb. >>

<< You don't become president by being dumb >>

But you can get both if your daddy knows the right people....;)

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000

<< At least with Bush I feel that he won't have to bomb an asprin factory to take the heat of of himself. Anybody think that this is a retaliation for that? >>

Did we ever get conclusive proof it was a drug factory or was that a cover?

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I believe the US makes mistakes, but I also believe that when ever we bomb a terrorist camp, the terrorists issue statements like," The Taliban is sadden at the senseles bomb of the orphanage by the great Satan, the USA."

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
What is the point of slamming our president during times like this? I voted for Gore and I was never much of a Bush fan myself but he is doing his job and it was awesome that he made an appearance in NYC.

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am a German. Can't even vote here. But I have to agree with Ranger X. Thhis is not the time for slaming your commander and chief! You see that the clearest with the actions of congress.
The Pres. asks for 20 Billion... the Congress gives him 40B... WOW.

Besides the point... a whole lot off people, even non Bush fans agree that Bush gathered a whole lot of smart people arround him. And face it... a President is only as good as his advicers!

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Exactly Ranger.

I still can not even begin to fathom that at a time like this someone would still have a partisan bias. Idiotic.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Ranger X is quite correct! That's why the Presidents approval rating is now better than 80% according to the NBC/WSJ poll!

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
I was waiting to see it... I saw it on MSNBC. That part about "they will hear us" was TOTALLY impromptu! I was inspred!! I started pounding my fist on the desk and chanting USA with them! Shoot, I am tearing up now. I just wanna hug the guy!

This is leadership. This is conviction. These bastards are going to pay.... and they won't get their change back!!!

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000

<< "...the people who knocked these buildings down will hear us soon' A quote from Bush's speech in NYC. It was awesome. >>

When he refers the "the people" he better mean ONLY those who had a part in the attack. If ONE innocent life gets vanquished because of our attack, then we become as bad as the terrorists. We must use restraint and gather our thoughts and focus on how to go about this the right way. One canonly prove ones strength and leadership by making wise, not hasty decisions.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<< If ONE innocent life gets vanquished >>

Look, nobody wants to see this happen......including the men & women whom will be participating in whatever action is taken, but, there WILL be civilian casualties.........it's just not conceivable that there won't be especially in an air based attack.:( I know damned well most of the "citizens" of whichever countries end up feeling our "rath" do not feel/think the same way as these terrorists do just as many, many Germans and Japenese didn't agree with their Government/Leaders, but, regretably, it will happen but hopfully as few as possible..........:(