Great Band: Opeth

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
Every album they release is unique. Some albums are mellow, some are heavy death metal, and some are a mix. I saw them in concert last week and they were amazing. Check them out!

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Too much screaming for my taste - though I only listened to their first album, I think.

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Howard
Too much screaming for my taste - though I only listened to their first album, I think.

Try "Damnation" if you want something more mellow.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I love Opeth! When I first started listening to them, I thought they were just "ok." Then suddenly they clicked. They are very versatile. Mickael has an incredible voice; his clean vocals sound so beautiful, and his death growls sound so furious and frightening. Awesome! \m/

BTW, for a great mellow song, check out "Harvest." I love the harmonies in that song.

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Damnation is absolutely awesome, one of the best CDs I own. :) Their heavy stuff is a bit too much for my tastes, but everything else they do is totally excellent... I would kill to get Damnation in SACD... :)

ArmenK: I thought Damnation was the only real "mellow" CD they've released, are there any others that are similar?

Dave

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveJ
Damnation is absolutely awesome, one of the best CDs I own. :) Their heavy stuff is a bit too much for my tastes, but everything else they do is totally excellent... I would kill to get Damnation in SACD... :)

ArmenK: I thought Damnation was the only real "mellow" CD they've released, are there any others that are similar?

Dave

If you liked Damnation I think you will like Blackwater Park as well some of Deliverance.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Man I just got into Opeth. I can't stop listening to Ending Credits and Windowpane.

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bump for Opeth fans!

They just released Lamentations, a DVD recorded from one of their live shows on the last tour. Bestbuy B&M has it for $10.98, which is a bargain IMO. Picked it up last night and it's totally awesome! :D

Dave