Gray Davis might be kicked? (POLL included)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
Recall? What's the use?
Gray Davis will just get re-elected in the recall run-off.
Damned if anyone will vote for Bill Simon "Corporate Lackey" after what happened during that last election.

Most of the blame for the state's problems stem from
Prop 13 and the asshat Howard Jarvis.
Grrr... glad I took that CA Geography course, now I know who to blame for the poor public education in CA.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
At least he's not enriching himself out of the pockets of his states voters like Dubya did. Texans dislike Californians because we correctly look upon them as the Red Headed Stepchild they really are and because we don't share their state past time of executing or electing retards.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
no, i don't want him recalled.

he crapped in his drawers... now he has to sit in it.

(and things are so screwed up that nobody else would be able to fix it immediately).

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
no way gray davis is awsome,

we librals got to stick together or else the world wil be run over by evil, thats just my proaganda for the day hehe

Dogg

Dofuss3000

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2001
Bump

If the Recall succeedes then a special election will be held where anybody can be on the ballot... but the parties can only have one electee... and the democrats probably wont choose Gray Davis..... and the republicans probably wont choose Bill Simon...

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Thanks to davis and his budget cuts, they had to cut $7 million from my school districts budgets. Which means less teachers, less food, no fieldtrips, no new supplies, etc

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Shouldn't we be turning our attention to Iraq? That's what the media wants us to do so stop this California thing and talk about Bush again. Talk about how he didn't lift a finger to help Californians when we had the power crisis. I bet if it was Texas or Florida, he'd give huge amounts of Federal Aide.

Dofuss3000

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
Shouldn't we be turning our attention to Iraq? That's what the media wants us to do so stop this California thing and talk about Bush again. Talk about how he didn't lift a finger to help Californians when we had the power crisis. I bet if it was Texas or Florida, he'd give huge amounts of Federal Aide.

Who knows... if he helped California then that would be brownie points for the next Election in CA for Governor and Prez......

:D

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
can't vote to kick him, not that i don't like him but i have friends that are politically connected and are friends with him.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I lived in California back when this moron was elected in '98. I knew that he was an idiot back then, but ended up winning the election by outspending the other guy on attack ads. :disgust:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
I lived in California back when this moron was elected in '98. I knew that he was an idiot back then, but ended up winning the election by outspending the other guy on attack ads. :disgust:

not that he had to much, the other guy was even slimier and a complete moron.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
paraphrasing what the Republicans have been saying since 2001
For the last time, Bill Simon lost in 2002. Get over it.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
you guys got screwed in the 2002 governor's race. no way you could have possibly picked someone even remotely competent

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
At least he's not enriching himself out of the pockets of his states voters like Dubya did. Texans dislike Californians because we correctly look upon them as the Red Headed Stepchild they really are and because we don't share their state past time of executing or electing retards.

jigga what? are you talking about his managing the rangers? they were crap before he took over. and they quickly became crap after he left.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
No. I am in CA. I don't like Gray Davis. But he was elected. The Republicans blew it, and now they want a second chance.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
republicans: your candidate is a joke! davis is the most unpopular guy evah!!

repubilcans: we'll put our best candidate against him! victory is assured!!

republicans then pick far right wing candidate simon, losing all the moderate voters :p

haahahahah:)

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I would support a recall if something new showed up. But we just had an election, and nothing new has happened since. They are trying to recall Davis for what happened before the eleciton and was well known then. The voters voted for Davis over Simon knowing all about the energy crisis. Republicans in their self righteous arrogance are telling CA that voters that they made a mistake by reelecting Davis, without presenting any new evidence that wasn't well known during the election.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01

so if gray davis gets california into a power crisis it's bush's fault for not solving it?