Grave Robbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2012
Honestly, I don't understand the concept of "renting out" space in the ground for your loved one. Really? We have shitloads of people dying everyday, do you expect the world to accommodate and make graves for every single human? You also want to buy them a fucking expensive casket too?

Fuck man, fry me in an oven and sit me on your mantle.... or scatter them on a hillside, I really don't give a shit I'll be dead and gone.

How expensive is it to fry your body for ashes anyways?

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
it's not like they're throwing them in the trash and building a walmart on top. they're going from a dark hole into some historians hands then into a deep dark drawer.

Feb 4, 2009
History is important however I understand we should show respect. I remember when a shipwreck (Titanic?) was found and someone pick up I think a belt buckle, a watch and something else. They said all the items were together it was probably where the body settled. I found that distasteful to grab crap from a body that really isn't relevant to then put on tour.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
My first reaction was also negative when I heard what they were doing. These people were most likely given a Christian burial, why go through all that when in a few hundred years later somebody is going to be digging you up and oogling at you.

I try to think if somebody did that to my grave how I would feel and I don't think I'd appreciate it.

At the same time I will admit I have read some articles about when they've discovered a King or a knight or something from back in the day and was very excited to see what kind of discoveries they could find about how they lived and died and what they used to eat etc.

I remember the knight they dug up had a whole bunch of jousting injuries and possibly died from that and I thought that was pretty neat.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Honestly, if someone wants to dig me up in five hundred years and put my bones in a drawer, the British Museum, or a roadside attraction, have at it. Becoming a Tibetan skull cup would be kind of funny. Just don't embalm me; that's disgusting.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Honestly, I don't understand the concept of "renting out" space in the ground for your loved one. Really? We have shitloads of people dying everyday, do you expect the world to accommodate and make graves for every single human? You also want to buy them a fucking expensive casket too?

Fuck man, fry me in an oven and sit me on your mantle.... or scatter them on a hillside, I really don't give a shit I'll be dead and gone.

$800 to $1700 depending one the company.

Nov 8, 2012
$800 to $1700 depending one the company.
Jeebus fuck man, 1700 to toss a body in an oven and give me what comes out? Fucking highway robbery. Might as well buy a round trip to Mexico for less than 400, they will burn my body for free and take it back.

How much is a casket l, ceremony and all that shit? 15 grand?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Jeebus fuck man, 1700 to toss a body in an oven and give me what comes out? Fucking highway robbery. Might as well buy a round trip to Mexico for less than 400, they will burn my body for free and take it back.

I didn't look at the line item dollar amounts but there were a lot of various fees involved in the cost. Since most people don't die at the crematorium there are transportation costs along with temporary refrigerated storage, coroner's fees, municipal registration, death certificate and I think a few others

Feb 16, 2005
I didn't look at the line item dollar amounts but there were a lot of various fees involved in the cost. Since most people don't die at the crematorium there are transportation costs along with temporary refrigerated storage, coroner's fees, municipal registration, death certificate and I think a few others

and I'm guessing there are some pretty high tech filters that help prevent people from floating on the breeze into your morning cappuccino.

Or they could just be some 3m bullshit filters they pick up at Lowe's.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
is it any different then going into the pyramids?

I agree. I have told my wife/kids just throw me out back. let nature run its course. they thought that was disgusting. So they said they would just cremate me.

but honestly who fucking cares what you do with my body after i'm dead? I think i will donate to science with all my health issues. maybe something good would be found.

but other then that i don't care.

Feb 4, 2009
is it any different then going into the pyramids?

I agree. I have told my wife/kids just throw me out back. let nature run its course. they thought that was disgusting. So they said they would just cremate me.

but honestly who fucking cares what you do with my body after i'm dead? I think i will donate to science with all my health issues. maybe something good would be found.

but other then that i don't care.

There is a place in NC(?) that takes bodies to leave them outside to study decomposition and such for criminal cases.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
they're dead, it's not like they're going to give a damn.

no different than than coming across a medieval grave site.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

You are paying for the service but also all the legal bullshit that goes with it. The crematory processes all the paperwork for the death and proper "disposal" of the body. That includes picking the body up from site of death, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.