• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Graphics Card Problem Win wont start

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
Ok I need some help guys. For some reason when windows 7 64bit tries to start up. All I get is a black screen. I have to start it up in safe mode. Delete all the video drivers then restart it and it will finally start up. But it only has vga drivers installed. So I install the nvidia gtx480 drivers and restart the pc and back to the original problem. This started after I hooked up a blueray player and restarted my pc. After that I couldnt get it to start up normally. I have since disconnected the blueray player and I still am having the problem.

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
Got it all figured out. I had to delete drivers. restart. let generic ones install vga then 480gtx then install the nvidia ones and it worked. was a big pain in the arse.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I'm glad you fixed your problem. There's nothing scarier than GPUs not working when you start your computer. Others can learn here from your ordeal. I know I did.

ASK THE COMMUNITY