Graphics card ATI 4650 failing?

Saffron

Nov 16, 2012
Hey I play Tera Online too!

Does it only happen when playing Tera or does it occur in all your games?

When I had my HD4850 quite some years ago, while playing Call of Duty: MW2 I would get similar symptoms. After some investigation I finally I diagnosed it as an overheating GPU. Once I cranked the fan speed up and the temperatures dropped it wouldn't occur anymore.

I would check your temperatures and make sure everything is good there and then do a clean install of your graphics drivers and see if it still occurs.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Check the temperatures on the card in the Catalyst Control Suite. Its under the OverDrive section, you can also control the fan speed from there.

Amit3945

Jul 29, 2006
Any idea about the life of a well maintained GFX card? I have a 4850 which is going strong for the past 5 years.
Don't know how much life is left in it.
Thanks'.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Good news! AMD and NVidia have brought out one or two new graphics cards since your last upgrade.

Something like an R7 260X would be a nice replacement for this.

Natale

Oct 21, 2013
Check the temperatures on the card in the Catalyst Control Suite. Its under the OverDrive section, you can also control the fan speed from there.

You told about the temperature check and control fan speed, Kindly tell in detail.

nightspydk

Sep 7, 2012
Like mentioned the key thing here is does it happen only in this game. It does not look like normal artefacting imo, so I would suspect yes.

Artefacting occurs normally on overheating systems or where the PSU is malfunctioning ie not sufficient and normally does not just include a small part of the display like that methinks. :)

alphecca911

Oct 20, 2013
Thank you, yes it only happens in this game in that area, it doesnt happen at any other point, so i guess its a problem their end.