Graphics artifacts in 3DMark Vantage on GTX 1080 Ti

Piotrek1005

Apr 13, 2017
3DMark Vantage was added recently to "legacy benchmarks" (https://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/legacy) which means full version can be unlocked for free. During testing "Extreme" preset I found one-frame rectangles and other blinking artifacts in first test. I wonder if it is because of lack of support or there is something wrong with my GPU/VRAM. I would be appreciated if someone could check the case on similar GPU.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
Try downclocking or raise voltage and see if it continues. Does it happen in the newer tests? You can still run the basic tests for free, you just can't customize the settings.

Piotrek1005

Apr 13, 2017
I had tried downclocking with the same results. Voltage control is kind of lock in GTX 10XX series, so I keep it default. Newer benchmarks work stable without artifacts, but I have rare crashes in The Witcher 3 with lots of rectangles of the same color and size. According to my experience from previous generations of GPUs, such artifacts are often sign of too high GPU OC. But my current GTX 1080 Ti isn't OC at the moment (at least above factory OC as it is STRIX OC version), so I need to exclude HW failures. I'm looking for some easy-to-reproduce test which will show this failure and I wonder if 3DMark Vantage with extreme preset is the one. But it may be also drivers/specific programs issue and that's why I need input from other users of similar hardware.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's not your card causing artifacts. It's a problem with either the benchmark or Nvidia drivers. It's been that way for a few years now.

Reactions: XiCOFiR3