Gran Turismo desperately needs to come to PC.

UglyDuckling

May 6, 2015
GT6.... a good looking game on PS3... but have you seen it when images are taken? for a PS3.. grapphically it's impossible in real time, but a PC could definitely run it with such sexy visuals.

I took some pics from GT6...

Yes i have paired standard cars with premium ones, you can notice too, but i don't care :p

H48rNp8.jpg

qo464PK.jpg

7IV3arB.jpg

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Have you played Project CARS? It's probably the best-looking racing game out there right now, and it's available for PC.

Those screenshots you posted aren't really that impressive. I guess for a PS3 they kind of are.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Gran Turismo desperately needs a release of any kind. That game series has always had irrationally long development periods with little innovation to show for it. In my opinion Gran Turismo has been exactly the same game with ever release since 3. Console gamers like to compare it with Forza, but Forza does a solid release every 2 years compared to the 3-6 years that GT takes.

That said, screw Gran Turismo on PC. Right now we have Assetto Corsa and Project Cars, and before that we had all the great works of SimBin. Any of these games are better racing sims than GT. The only thing Gran Turismo offers is the ability to collect a large number of cars of varying quality (I hear the old standard models are once again being shoved into the latest version) and the ability to change oil and wash them.

Someone needs to tell Polyphony that 2004 wants their racing game back.

Last edited:

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
The irony is racing games in 2004 played so much better than these new bug ridden games. Would love to see some classic Burnout 2 or NFS Underground on PC.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
The appeal to me of Gran Turismo is that I can drive my car. I don't care for some super rare million dollar UFO looking car. I want to drive modified versions of cars I can actually acquire in real life. Cannot do that with most other games. But I mostly like the early part of the game where you don't have the cash to completely upgrade the car the moment you buy it. That being said forget GT on PC I want Forza. I just cannot bring myself to buy an xbox for one game.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
GT series became stale. I hate to say it. They didn't evolve like how Forza and others did for console domination. On PC we have assetto corsa and project cars.

I still have my GT6 PS3 copy still sealed, never got around to play it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The irony is racing games in 2004 played so much better than these new bug ridden games. Would love to see some classic Burnout 2 or NFS Underground on PC.

TDU was lots of fun for me.
I still play it. Nothing better has been made available. (as far as free playing and collecting)

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Gran Turismo will only come to PC when Sony stops making consoles. It's probably their biggest franchise.

As far as racing simulators go, GT is a very good game. Very accurate to real life. Though it has become a bit stale. There's quite a few things that really irk me about it. The single biggest issue being the terrible AI. Computer controlled drivers go around the tracks on a rail and barely react to the player's actions. I've been disqualified from more than a few races because an AI driver slammed into me. They will never deviate from the racing line, even if it means colliding with player.

My other beef is the amount of grinding you have to do to unlock new cars. Japanese games like to make you work for your rewards. Running the same race ten times to get enough credits to unlock the one car I need for the next race is a bit much. GT5 also didn't automatically add cars you unlocked to the arcade mode. You had to favourite cars in the career mode, which ported over the vehicle plus any mods you made. You'd have to go back into career mode if you wanted to race stock in arcade. Don't know if they fixed that with GT6.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I suggest PD finish GT6 before they work on GT7 or any other platform. The game was released December before last and it still isn't finished. That is the very reason I abandoned PD and Sony. It's the reason I'll never pre-order a game or pay full price for one that isn't finished. It's also the reason I bought an Xbox One. My wallet has spoken loudly ;)

PS. Anyone want to buy a code for the 25 - 15th anniversary cars?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Gran Tourismo is such a slog to play though. I don't find it fun no matter how much I want to. Guess I just don't like the sim aspect.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
The appeal to me of Gran Turismo is that I can drive my car. I don't care for some super rare million dollar UFO looking car. I want to drive modified versions of cars I can actually acquire in real life. Cannot do that with most other games. But I mostly like the early part of the game where you don't have the cash to completely upgrade the car the moment you buy it. That being said forget GT on PC I want Forza. I just cannot bring myself to buy an xbox for one game.

Are you me? Because that's why I like GT also. In no other game would I have been able to race my '88 Honda Accord, or dominate a field of supercars using a quad-cab Dodge pickup.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Are you me? Because that's why I like GT also. In no other game would I have been able to race my '88 Honda Accord, or dominate a field of supercars using a quad-cab Dodge pickup.

Pretty sure no. Even though Texas. Wait, maybe? Crap now I'm confused. Actually no I have never owned an import so no definitely not you, me, whatever.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
I would love a GT on the PC, but it's impossible, it's one of the reasons people buy a Playstation and it belongs to sony, so they will protect the PS by not releasing GT on another platform.

I still prefer GT over Project Cars, easily.

.zip

Aug 10, 2015
Man forever i was wishing for GT series to be available for pcs :/
But Project CARS i think is superior!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999

NFS Underground 1 and 2 was on the PC years ago. I still play it. Still fun too.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
NFS Underground 1 and 2 was on the PC years ago. I still play it. Still fun too.

I looked for NFSU 2 for PC recently and couldnt find it. It's a shame, because i really wanted to play! I've got the PS2 rom, but It's unplayable for me in PCSX2

Feb 6, 2007
Gran Turismo is an excellent engine in an increasingly terrible game. The developers are so interested in accuracy that they forgot to include any semblance of fun. And this is coming from a fan of the series. Forza has so completely outshone GT as a game it's ridiculous.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I looked for NFSU 2 for PC recently and couldnt find it. It's a shame, because i really wanted to play! I've got the PS2 rom, but It's unplayable for me in PCSX2

Damn, Amazon has it for 80 bucks! WTF? Maybe I should sell mine!

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010

Similar thing for me, but with Forza. I don't like driving race cars in Forza, I like driving muscle cars or other "normal" cars.

One of my favourite Forza cars is the Renault 5 Turbo - tiny little car with a 1.4 turbo engine, fun as hell to drive.

Forza is also good for "what if" questions. What would happen if I took a VW Golf Mk1 and made it as fast as possible?

Or, can a 1970 Corvette ZR1 beat a modern Corvette (the answer is yes, if upgraded properly).

I'll never own either a Renault 5 Turbo or a 1970 Corvette ZR1, but I still much prefer them to an Audi R18 TDI. You can't really improve on the R18 TDI, its already as good as it is going to get.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Similar thing for me, but with Forza. I don't like driving race cars in Forza, I like driving muscle cars or other "normal" cars.

As much as I love Project CARS (which is a lot), I think this is where it falls short. Even SHIFT2, which was the same developer, had a TON more production cars, which could be modified.

I don't know if they're going cheap on the licensing to maximize profits or what, but the lack of production cars is a big letdown.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015

Pretty much the only reason I even touch Forza anymore. I love racing my 2009 STI around in it. :awe:

Reminds me of when I still had one.