Gran Turismo 3: What's your fastest 1/4-mile time and with which car?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I'll run down the racetrack, and you throw your PS2, and we'll see who gets to the other end first. I'm willing to bet I run faster than anything on your PS2.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Tret
8.9 with ruf

Which one?!

I'm considering the Cobra cuz it got stock about 462hp and I'm sure fully tuned, it can be awesome fast.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
I'll run down the racetrack, and you throw your PS2, and we'll see who gets to the other end first. I'm willing to bet I run faster than anything on your PS2.

yadda yadda, didn't get some nookie last night?

Tret

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2003
Originally posted by: ndee
8.9 with ruf

Which one?!

I'm considering the Cobra cuz it got stock about 462hp and I'm sure fully tuned, it can be awesome fast.

I think the gt2 not sure not the one with ugly tail or the wierd looking one

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
8.9 with ruf

Which one?!

the 996 design or 993?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

Did you? With your PS2? Going to post a "How long can you last during imaginary sex?" thread? "I can have virtual sex for 3 and a half hours straight!"

Yeah, great, imaginary stuff that you could be doing in real life.

Tret

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2003
8.9 with ruf

Which one?!

the 996 design or 993?

can you send me pics?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Did you? With your PS2? Going to post a "How long can you last during imaginary sex?" thread? "I can have virtual sex for 3 and a half hours straight!"

Why don't you go and fsck yourself? You're really looking for the confrontation, aren't you? It's a COMPUTER forum and it happens that I ask a question about a GAME. Get over it.

Jan 31, 2002

/grabs chair & popcorn

:D

- M4H

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I have a minivan in my driveway that could easily be made to do 12s quarters. GT3 pissed me off, there are NO good entry level cars thanks to the dumping of the used vehicles. So the one time I played, I was driving a fscking Miata.

I miss my original GT MA70 Supra. And then my old style Supra TwinTurbo. Then my Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo. (Fully tuned - cruise speed on some straightaways was faster than McLaren F1 top speed)

00Jones

Banned
Jul 15, 2001

Why don't you go and fsck yourself? You're really looking for the confrontation, aren't you? It's a COMPUTER forum and it happens that I ask a question about a GAME. Get over it.

hahahahahahahaha...computer

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
I have a minivan in my driveway that could easily be made to do 12s quarters. GT3 pissed me off, there are NO good entry level cars thanks to the dumping of the used vehicles. So the one time I played, I was driving a fscking Miata.

I miss my original GT MA70 Supra. And then my old style Supra TwinTurbo. Then my Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo. (Fully tuned - cruise speed on some straightaways was faster than McLaren F1 top speed)

I kind of didn't like the choices for entry vehicles also, but it was kind of cool getting decent times with a crappy car once you have some money to fix it up.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

/grabs chair & popcorn

:D

- M4H

Joins the crowd.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Spoooon
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

I kind of didn't like the choices for entry vehicles also, but it was kind of cool getting decent times with a crappy car once you have some money to fix it up.

I do like what they did with most of the license exams though, kindly pointing out the best line and braking/accelleration activity for you. The only ones that I found difficult were some of the rally exams and the "Drive a Corvette in a circle in a constant hydroplane in some crazy fast time" tests.

I had my Super/Rally licenses and was still driving that darn Miata. Crap, now I wanna play. Where's mah GT1 disc?

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002

GT 3 = $29.99
PS2 = $149.99

High-Performance Vehicle = $20,000 minimum even for a simple ricer, 200+ hours of time (maximum skill assumed)

Maybe I read wrong, but if you are implying that we should stop playing games and do the real thing, then I'm screwed for cash for a good year or two. :(