Grampa McSame + Ambien = National Security Threat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: senseamp
Obama at 3AM:
Phone: "Mr President, NYC has been attacked again!"
Obama: "By whom, and when are they available for unconditional talks?"

Superb. This was a terrible thread, but you've somehow, incredibly, made it much worse.

I thought it was kind of funny. :)

Fern

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
CNN was reporting more of his records in detail:

Sidney smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 25 years.

He has a high probability of recurrence in his melanomas.

He requires medication to keep his high cholesterol and blood pressure under control.

He requires medication to keep his high risk of heart attack/stroke at bay.

Basically, this guy is a walking time bomb. Not only because of his policies, but because he literally has one foot in the grave. A vote for McSame is basically a vote for his VP.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Cancer kills. RIP Sydney Pollack; 73, diagnosed with cancer 9 months ago.

Do we really want to put a man who is almost 72, with a history of malignant cancer, into The White House?

[John Stossel] Give me a break. [/John Stossel]

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Do we really want to put a man who is almost 72, with a history of malignant cancer, into The White House?

... wow.

stay classy.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007

I take offense to this. My fiancee is 23 and a leukemia survivor, I myself am 23 and a survivor of Hodgkin's Lymhoma. In no way should I be disqualified from life because I am a cancer survivor. Cancer kills, but so do a multitude of other things. Many of them are treatable, and in no way is it the same death sentence that it was even 10 years ago. Adding to the fact that McCainhas been cancer free for 8 years and had a very easily treated cancer should be enough for anyone.

If all you got is the 'cancer card' and you can't find a legitimate reason to dislike John McCain, your no better that the people who won't vote for Obama because is black, or Hillary cause she is a woman. It's the exact same type of discrimination.

As for the threads topic,
The idea that McCain will walk down to the office and set off a nuke while on a sleeping pill is just stupid.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Carmen813
I take offense to this. My fiancee is 23 and a leukemia survivor, I myself am 23 and a survivor of Hodgkin's Lymhoma. In no way should I be disqualified from life because I am a cancer survivor.
First, don't insult my intelligence (or yours) by saying a cancer (or any serious disease) affects a 23 year old the same as it affects a 72 year old. A minor case of pneumonia can mean a few days in the hospital for a 23 year old, and a oak casket for a 72 year old.

More tidbits from Sidney McSame's medical records, highlighting his extremely high occurrence of cancer and a host of other health issues:

He was treated for an enlarged prostate, underwent cataract surgery, and suffers from arthritis and vertigo, the records show. He takes medication for high cholesterol and had early stage squamous cell cancer and benign growths in his colon removed this year.

In addition to the invasive tumor removed in 2000, doctors excised early stage melanomas from McCain's left shoulder in 1993, from his left arm in 2000 and from his nose in 2002.

The 10-year survival rate for patients with melanomas like McCain's is about 64 percent...

Among the items noted, McCain was a two-pack a day smoker for 25 years...

He may eventually need a joint replacement for his shoulders or knees because of osteoarthritis...

He had abnormal results on a blood sugar test, kidney stones and cysts, and the removal of several less-lethal basal and squamous cell skin cancers over the years...
This is only what they uncovered in the few hours they had access to the records. A thorough review would have been enough to put Sidney's campaign into an early grave.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Pro-Tip: Elderly adults have nearly equivalent survival rates than 20-35 year olds.

"There is a very widespread perception that the chances [of survival] are favorable in this age group," said Dr. Bleyer, who holds the Mosbacher Chair Emeritus in pediatrics at the University of Texas. "This used to be true. But now, they're worse off than the younger patients, and not much better than the older ones

Source:

http://www.planetcancer.org/re...e.php?cat_Id=9&p_Id=43

He has been in remission for 8 years, I have a much greater chance at having a relapse. McCains is in the single digits.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
This shouldn't even be a debate.

McCain should be in a retirement home, not running for the Presidency.

The guy does not have what it takes to be the ruler of the most powerful nation in the world.

hahaha

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
This shouldn't even be a debate.

The guy does not have what it takes to be the ruler of the most powerful nation in the world.

So... if you can fault him for his age when he has no apparent problems with it and has a clean bill of health then I can fault Obama for his race, right right?

What the fuck is the matter with you. I am so sick of this bullshit.
Clean bill of health? Besides his recurring melanomas, high cholesterol, high risk of heart disease (heart attack, stroke) and the fact that he's almost 72 f**king years old in a country where the male life expectancy is 75? Even if he has a perfect bill of health, people drop dead of old age all the time.

Yes, I do have a problem with that. After he lost his presidential bid in 2000, he himself stated in an interview that by 2008 he expected to be retired from politics.

How the hell did Republicans think it was a good idea nominating the Crypt Keeper for president?

Well fuck. Plenty of people die every day for plenty of reasons. Shit, we shouldn't elect Obama because of the high assassination odds. The odds of dieing from melanomas in this day is very low, even if you have it. Your knowledge of this country of very weak if you have a problem with his age. Some of our greatest presidents had very serious health problems.

You are an ageist.

... and he ain't no statistician, either. The survivability of a 72-year-old President surely far exceeds that of an average 60-year-old, and in any even THE AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF THE OLD IS ACTUALLY AN OLDER AGE THAN THAT OF THE GENERAL POPULATION.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
I take offense to this. My fiancee is 23 and a leukemia survivor, I myself am 23 and a survivor of Hodgkin's Lymhoma. In no way should I be disqualified from life because I am a cancer survivor.
First, don't insult my intelligence (or yours) by saying a cancer (or any serious disease) affects a 23 year old the same as it affects a 72 year old. A minor case of pneumonia can mean a few days in the hospital for a 23 year old, and a oak casket for a 72 year old.

More tidbits from Sidney McSame's medical records, highlighting his extremely high occurrence of cancer and a host of other health issues:

He was treated for an enlarged prostate, underwent cataract surgery, and suffers from arthritis and vertigo, the records show. He takes medication for high cholesterol and had early stage squamous cell cancer and benign growths in his colon removed this year.

In addition to the invasive tumor removed in 2000, doctors excised early stage melanomas from McCain's left shoulder in 1993, from his left arm in 2000 and from his nose in 2002.

The 10-year survival rate for patients with melanomas like McCain's is about 64 percent...

Among the items noted, McCain was a two-pack a day smoker for 25 years...

He may eventually need a joint replacement for his shoulders or knees because of osteoarthritis...

He had abnormal results on a blood sugar test, kidney stones and cysts, and the removal of several less-lethal basal and squamous cell skin cancers over the years...
This is only what they uncovered in the few hours they had access to the records. A thorough review would have been enough to put Sidney's campaign into an early grave.

The only hope to discredit war hero McCain is by calling him stupid names. We'll see what America thinks.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: punchkin
The only hope to discredit war hero McCain is by calling him stupid names. We'll see what America thinks.
If I wanted to discredit him, I'd go for a 'gimme', like his closet full of flip-flops and suckling at GWB's teet after becoming the GOP front-runner for 2008.

This thread is all about listing the host of reasons why McSame shouldn't be elected based on his physical health.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Obama at 3AM:

just hope and pray that Obama doesn't press the wrong button like he did 6 times in the Illinois Senate

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
If I wanted to discredit him, I'd go for a 'gimme', like his closet full of flip-flops and suckling at GWB's teet after becoming the GOP front-runner for 2008.

This thread is all about listing the host of reasons why McSame shouldn't be elected based on his physical health.

The "host" of zero reasons.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003

You would think Republicans would have learned their lesson when they nominated Bob Dole at age 73.

Then again, McSame is so close to retirement from politics that he's a good throw-away pick for the GOP. They don't want to waste any strong candidates in an election where the deck is stacked against them after 8 years of Bush.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007

You would think Republicans would have learned their lesson when they nominated Bob Dole at age 73.

Then again, McSame is so close to retirement from politics that he's a good throw-away pick for the GOP. They don't want to waste any strong candidates in an election where the deck is stacked against them after 8 years of Bush.

Yes, rationalize away your stupidity in this thread. Bob Dole couldn't have lost for any reason but his age. LOL I'll bump this thread and rub your nose in it when your largely untested candidate loses to the war hero with a serious track record of leadership.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

And here I thought liberals were for "equality".

Don't talk about Obama, because he is black and you will be labelled a racist.

Don't talk about Clinton, because she is a woman and you will be labelled a sexist.

Don't talk about McCain, oh wait, he's old and a republican...fair game.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett

Don't talk about Clinton, because she is a woman and you will be labelled a sexist.

you've just uncovered the democrats' double top secret plan to win over the gray vote.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett

Are you new to partisan politics or something? It's always been this way. Sheesh, get with the program already.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Robor
Does the POTUS have the authority and ability to launch a first strike on his own?

Yes havent you seen the movies? There is a big red button on a desk the president sits at. If he falls asleep his head or hand may bonk into it causing our missiles to fire immediately at their targets destroying the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/cue Howard Dean scream

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481

with supporters like this, no wonder Obama's getting crushed in Florida.
Oh, am I the reason why? I thought it was because of cronyism. You know, old white people voting for old white people.

wow, it didn't take long for the race card to get whipped out, now did it.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Obama at 3AM:
Superb. This was a terrible thread, but you've somehow, incredibly, made it much worse.

I thought it was hilarious.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: loki8481

with supporters like this, no wonder Obama's getting crushed in Florida.
Oh, am I the reason why? I thought it was because of cronyism. You know, old white people voting for old white people.

wow, it didn't take long for the race card to get whipped out, now did it.

It is the way of the liberal. Talk of a rainbow when all your world is black and white.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I take offense to this. My fiancee is 23 and a leukemia survivor, I myself am 23 and a survivor of Hodgkin's Lymhoma. In no way should I be disqualified from life because I am a cancer survivor. Cancer kills, but so do a multitude of other things. Many of them are treatable, and in no way is it the same death sentence that it was even 10 years ago. Adding to the fact that McCainhas been cancer free for 8 years and had a very easily treated cancer should be enough for anyone.

If all you got is the 'cancer card' and you can't find a legitimate reason to dislike John McCain, your no better that the people who won't vote for Obama because is black, or Hillary cause she is a woman. It's the exact same type of discrimination.

As for the threads topic,
The idea that McCain will walk down to the office and set off a nuke while on a sleeping pill is just stupid.

What do you expect from libs. They want everyone treated the same, well, except those that don't think like them, act like them and now are as fit as them.