GPU up and died? RX 460 4GB Sapphire Nitro

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I had this GPU plugged into one of my Ryzen CPU boxes.

Came back out to the machine, tried to wake it up, no display. Power is still on. ATX soft-off works, fairly rapidly too. I tried turning it on, five beeps (CPU failure). Turned it off using ATX soft-off again. This time, hit DEL, and when it was finishing POST (although no display), it gave me the singular "beep" that it does when booting, and going into BIOS setup. Still no display, and I think five beeps before that.

So I figure it's the GPU, so I pulled it out, and put in this "Chinese GTX 970", which I have posts in another thread about it, but at least, I get a display.

So I figure, the GPU must be shot? I didn't have artifacting, or temp problems, that I know of, although I was mining on it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, the Chinese "GTX 960" started artifacting. Not sure if that was because of the hacked RAM amount, or if it was going bad, or even if my mobo or PSU is killing my dGPUs. (Sure hope not!)

I put in an R7 250X or 260X (not sure which, I think it's the 250X), to get my 4K UHD desktop working again. (Driver only reports "200-series".)

If that dies in a few dies, I'll know that my rig is now killing cards.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I'm surprised you put that hacked up card in there...unless you don't need that computer.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Just because it's a fake card and who knows what's been done to it or what's wrong with it, or whatever.

I'd only put it in a test mule.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
http://www.sapphiretech.com/support.asp?lang=eng

Can someone help me figure out this warranty? Sapphire (or is it SapphireTech? I'm kind of confused, which company I bought my card from, I bought it from Newegg.)

The warranty on SapphireTech says to return to place of purchase, and then has a blurb about "commercial and other blockchain applications" at the bottom.

I know that I've used this card for mining, but I don't recall any specifics about blockchain in the warranty that was offered, when I bought it. Or maybe I never noticed.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202227

The product page on Newegg, shows a 2-year warranty on the card. I wonder if I bought it on ebay, though, through Newegg. How does the mfg warranty work then?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm a little surprised, and dismayed, that my card up and just died, wouldn't wake up the next day, and upon a forced power-down and reboot, just five beeps.

(Five beeps is "CPU error", btw, but it was OK, with a replacement GPU. Got my trusty old R7 260X in there now.)

Feb 25, 2011
Have you talked to Newegg yet? Do you have a transaction or order number to reference with a purchase date, etc.?