GPU showing 62mb usage while gaming?

Nov 26, 2005
After exiting out of UT3, i usually go into MSI Afterburner and turn down the fan, and i'll just brief over the GPU stats to see what's what. I don't know why but my GPU consistently uses a very minimal amount of VRAM.. this can't be right.. lastest drivers n everything.. i did turn my pagefile off, btw *wonder if that has anything to do with it*

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, Zucchini, you were wrong. The CD is completely free :)
The other offer was for a free movie ticket through moviefone when you bought a movie ticket.

This.
Edit. Wtf tapatalk?

Edit. What it was suppose to quote was that windows UI uses memory as well

Feb 25, 2011
Assuming the fan on your GPU is temperature controlled, you probably shouldn't manually turn the fan down - let it spin down on its own as the GPU cools off.

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
The vid card's frame buffer is for storing things as needed for games (mainly textures) it has nothing to do with your windows swap file ....
Memory usage in games is typically much lower than you'd think.
Don't confuse this with system memory.
Unless you are using massive resolutions and maps with lotsa large textures, or running gpgpu stuff.
62MB is not a surprising number.

Last edited:

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
The vid card's frame buffer is for storing things as needed for games (mainly textures) it has nothing to do with your windows swap file ....
Memory usage in games is typically much lower than you'd think.
Don't confuse this with system memory.
Unless you are using massive resolutions and maps with lotsa large textures, or running gpgpu stuff.
62MB is not a surprising number.

Yea, not surprising for that game. Aero uses more than that lol