GPU OC'ing software

sanityvoid

Nov 23, 2010
I'm trying to find my OC max for my new 5850 and I was wondering what you all use to fine tune your GPU's?

I've downloaded Furmark and 3DMark05, but they seem a bit much for just the small tweaks needed to find the max. I can understand running them for burn-in or testing long term but they don't seem ideal for the smaller jumps. Maybe I'm wrong.

Any pointers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

EDIT: What rez you all use for your testing? I have a 1920x1200 monitor but it seems that might overkill for finding the max. That might be the biggest issue.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
furmark won't do you any good with a 5850, amd has coded the newer cards to throttle when furmark is detected.

when oc'ing my card I used furmark, crysis demo, and 3d mark vantage. try kombustor instead of furmark for a few minutes to test general stability, then go to the others if you think it's stable.

sanityvoid

Nov 23, 2010
furmark won't do you any good with a 5850, amd has coded the newer cards to throttle when furmark is detected.

when oc'ing my card I used furmark, crysis demo, and 3d mark vantage. try kombustor instead of furmark for a few minutes to test general stability, then go to the others if you think it's stable.

Thanks for the tips but I'm slightly confused by your Furmark comments. You say not to use it, but then you say use it. Just trying to get some clarity.

Thank you again for the tips. I'm downloading Crysis demo and Vantage atm.

Scott