GPU for Sketchup 3D Modeling?

SaltwaterCure

Sep 21, 2012
I am looking for the best GPU for Sketchup 3D rendering for under $500 (ideally closer to 300). It has to use openGL, but other than that I am lost when it comes to this stuff.

A local shop put together a quote that included a gtx 560, but my computer-savvy cousin told me I could do better for not much more $.

This will be for work, but I don't have the budget for a high-end workstation card, so any help would be much appreciated.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
I'm not familiar with Sketchup, I might be able to help though. What rendering app/plugin are you using?

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
edited again:

with 3Dvagabond, with how much the plugins can vary its probably not possible to say anything about
whats best without knowing which plugins you ll be useing.

I thought he wrote OpenCL at the start, but see now its OpenGL...

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
The reason I asked what rendering app the OP is using is because different ones will work best on different hardware. Some render on the CPU only. Some use CUDA. Some use OpenCL. Some will work with all 3 (Not at the same time. ;)) Some work better with optimized pro drivers. Some are fine with consumer drivers. Without knowing what the OP is using you can't really make a recommendation.