gpu bios flash failed, gpu bricked

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
I have an old PC and i wanted to try something new, to flash my GPU. I read some forums about it, and everything seen to be ok. After 1 day, i tried it, it worked everythink well, but when i try to restart it, it won't start. By unpluging the GPU, running iGPU it will boot up, and if i put GPU back, it won't. Mobo is single-bios, HP 0a64h ( old one ) and gpu is SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GDDR5.
Can i fix it somehow ? I still have a backup file of bios, but i can't flash back whit iGPU cuz GPU-Z show only the iGPU bios section .... by putting another AMD GPU and flashing that to this version, or simply putting it and then putting mine back will solve the problem ?

and, another question, is I can't repair it, what is broken ? mobo, gpu, or i can use all 2, but not in one ( ex. mobo whit another gpu, and the gpu whit another mobo )

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
Go to your motherboard bios and set it to choose igp over dedicated graphics cards.

Then restart and flash the old bios back in.

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
Then I guess the easiest way is to find someone with another system you can use to un-brick the gpu. Preferably with nvidia or intel gpu (so you don't accidently flash the wrong one)

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
So if i put my gpu in other PC, 1. I won't brick that motherboard and 2. If he use nvidia/intel gpu i will not brick his pc ( like mine) ... or this mobo can run whit another amd gpu ?

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
sure, i have old bios ffs ...
Computer Setup - Advanced > PCI VGA Configuration

PS: this option is only visible as long as there is at least one dGPU in the system and Integrated Video is enabled under Computer Setup - Advanced > Device Options

Last edited:
Reactions: Phynaz

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
So if i put my gpu in other PC, 1. I won't brick that motherboard and 2. If he use nvidia/intel gpu i will not brick his pc ( like mine) ... or this mobo can run whit another amd gpu ?
That's advice I often hear, I think atiflash can only flash ati/amd gpu's. If there's another amd gpu in the system you have to be very careful which one is adapter 0 or 1.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
M/B and GPU are completely separate. You won't brick a motherboard by putting in a bricked GPU. Your friend's motherboard will not be bricked by putting in your GPU, no matter what card he/she is running.
You need to find the original BIOS for "SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GDDR5" and flash that. Find the correct one from here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...rface=PCI-E&memType=GDDR5&memSize=1024&since=

Ideally the other PC you try to flash with doesn't have an AMD card because then you have to be very careful about flashing the wrong card. Be careful, and post back here again if you have questions.

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
M/B and GPU are completely separate. You won't brick a motherboard by putting in a bricked GPU. Your friend's motherboard will not be bricked by putting in your GPU, no matter what card he/she is running.
You need to find the original BIOS for "SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GDDR5" and flash that. Find the correct one from here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...rface=PCI-E&memType=GDDR5&memSize=1024&since=

Ideally the other PC you try to flash with doesn't have an AMD card because then you have to be very careful about flashing the wrong card. Be careful, and post back here again if you have questions.

I already know what bios i need to flash, i have backup too, but first, the PC won't boot if I put in this GPU, second, i can't put to igpu main, to even boot whit this gpu but don't use it ... this is the problem for me .. and eventually, if I put another amd gpu in this motherboard, it will work ? Let's say, 5xxx series ( i'L gona sell it then)

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
I tried to flash this: 013.012.000.035.000000 from Windows, maybe this is the problem .. i still have backup file from ati winflash, but ehh...[deleted]

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
If you're going to request assistance in this forum, do so like an adult and lose the profanity (and review the forum Terms of Service you agreed to follow when you created this account, while you're at it). Thread closed.
-- stahlhart

Status
Not open for further replies.